+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Queens Park (a)

Brilliant performance today.

Playing more direct and with these centre halves is suiting us

Lots of attacking options and a deserved win

Hitting form at the right time

Watched it on DUTV. First half was frustrating with poor set pieces and crosses, several players guilty. But getting our noses ahead before halftime was important. Brilliant again from Watt, faced two players up on the byline, beats both, lays it across to Kai who took the time he needed to pick the right spot.
    Second half we just ran right over them, could have been even more.
    Sibbald played on after taking a heavy challenge, Grieve didn't, Middleton took a heavy one too, hopefully his sub was a precaution.
    One game at a time as I keep saying. Hope JG doesn't line up at Morton with the same as last time because I doubt it'll surprise them twice in a row. We need all out attack from minute 1.

Buzzing with that performance and result, shame Raith scraped it again though. I just wish we'd played this way a bit more often because we are the lions in the jungle that is the Scottish Championship and we have to f*cking play like lions instead of some of the timid insipid shyte these same players have dished up all too often. 4 more games to go so let's devour every c*nt in our path!

Well done today to everyone 👏

Was watching Sibbald, had a poor first half by his standards, just a wee bit off it. But he kept at it and his game improved as it went on, several times he tried passes that were intercepted and every time he followed the ball and won it back.
    I noticed a change in the team spirit at Cappielow, at fulltime the players were really pumped up. Not sure what changed but there's more aggression in the side. Everyone is giving 100%.

Well done lads 🧡

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Was watching Sibbald, had a poor first half by his standards, just a wee bit off it. But he kept at it and his game improved as it went on, several times he tried passes that were intercepted and every time he followed the ball and won it back.
    I noticed a change in the team spirit at Cappielow, at fulltime the players were really pumped up. Not sure what changed but there's more aggression in the side. Everyone is giving 100%.

Well done lads 🧡
    Docherty is a huge boost - he is a proper captain

Watt did well to break the resistance at the goal. At times his touch was slightly off but we just seemed to have so much time on the ball when we were attacking today

This side obviously has the right balance and the two centre halves can be well suited to cappielow

Night and day since the 0-0 there last time,just a pity that Raith got a penalty to keep their hopes alive.

Watched it on DUTV. First half was frustrating with poor set pieces and crosses, several players guilty. But getting our noses ahead before halftime was important. Brilliant again from Watt, faced two players up on the byline, beats both, lays it across to Kai who took the time he needed to pick the right spot.
    Second half we just ran right over them, could have been even more.
    Sibbald played on after taking a heavy challenge, Grieve didn't, Middleton took a heavy one too, hopefully his sub was a precaution.
    One game at a time as I keep saying. Hope JG doesn't line up at Morton with the same as last time because I doubt it'll surprise them twice in a row. We need all out attack from minute 1.
    Grieve's touch got him inured

Well done lads 🧡
    I'm gonna guess , that our captain is back, (and fitter than the first match) And.. our centre backs have no illusions of what is expected of them.

Can't fault our usual CB's too much, but... fannying about, wastes our own time. (mind oh Mulgroooo) ?

We have created danger (and have even scored) from direct balls , from our keeper, centre backs, and full backs, to our front players. In this league, needs must.

Same team again (by merit)

Well done lads.. enjoyed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    I'm gonna guess , that our captain is back, (and fitter than the first match) And.. our centre backs have no illusions of what is expected of them.

Can't fault our usual CB's too much, but... fannying about, wastes our own time. (mind oh Mulgroooo) ?

We have created danger (and have even scored) from direct balls , from our keeper, centre backs, and full backs, to our front players. In this league, needs must.

Same team again (by merit)

Well done lads.. enjoyed that.
    Jack Walton wasn't far away with a goal attempt. Just over the bar after one bounce but he definitely meant it.

As LS says I think Docherty might be the difference. The CB's are great so far but they never played at Morton where I sensed something changed.
    Maybe Jim got them to listen to a few posts off here 😁

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)