+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pompey v Derby

Pompey v Derby

Cracking game of football but the conditions are horrendous.

Derby took the lead with a well worked goal but Pompey have just equalised inside 4 minutes.

Back to the conditions, it's raining really hard and the pitch looks very heavy and waterlogged in places. The ball barely rolls a couple of yards. Chance of it being called off? Don't think either Manager would want this to be cancelled.

Like I said, a cracking game! Now 1-2 to Derby, Warney nearly lost his bobble hat. Really pleased for how it's working out for him.

.....brilliant as a fox enters the pitch and stops play!

Derby look the better team.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Like I said, a cracking game! Now 1-2 to Derby, Warney nearly lost his bobble hat. Really pleased for how it's working out for him.
    ........and if it wasn't for Tony Stewart wanting a manager on the cheap he wouldn't even be at the game tonight! Ain't life weird!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    ........and if it wasn't for Tony Stewart wanting a manager on the cheap he wouldn't even be at the game tonight! Ain't life weird!
    ......and it looks like he'll be swapping places with his club over ours as we drop, plus he will pick up his 3rd promotion, not bad to say he's only been in Management a short while. Some managers never see or earn a promotion winning medal.

Who's the squealing male co commentator? He sounds like his bolox haven't dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    ......and it looks like he'll be swapping places with his club over ours as we drop, plus he will pick up his 3rd promotion, not bad to say he's only been in Management a short while. Some managers never see or earn a promotion winning medal.
    When we stayed up and Derby didn't go up last year I said then that we would swap places next season.The football food chain will always exist unless there is investment that skews the trend.Getting Derby County out of League 1 is less of an achievement than getting us out of it.He excels at the League 1/Championship divide,the question at Derby is can he take them any further?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    When we stayed up and Derby didn't go up last year I said then that we would swap places next season.The football food chain will always exist unless there is investment that skews the trend.Getting Derby County out of League 1 is less of an achievement than getting us out of it.He excels at the League 1/Championship divide,the question at Derby is can he take them any further?
    All depends what his Chairman wants to give him in the transfer kitty but, I would say moreover, has Warne got the gonads to spend it if it's something he's not use to seeing?

If Donny can hang on tonight and continue on this run of form they might squeeze into the playoffs and we could be seeing Woody next season. That would be some feat considering where they were 3rd from bottom and just 8pts above relegation at the start of February.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast