+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many will be attendance on Friday night?

How many will be attendance on Friday night?

Saturday's announced attendance of over 9,000 was to say the least laughable. Okay, the club filter in the fact the S/T's sold whilst some of the holders don't attend. Actually, if a seat has been paid for they are not exaggerating those figures. In true terms though I bet in physically being there, the crowd was under 7,000.

Now come this Friday night with us having nothing to play for, come on we're already down don't kid yourselves, Plymouth will be scrapping for their survival to stay in the Championship. Bearing in mind this is the featured SKY Friday night match, how many do you think will actually attend the match? I'm would guess around 6,000. Yes the crowd will be announced as 8-9k
    but that won't happen. Loss of love for attending and it's on TV will truly affect the turn out.

My figure by the way of around 6,000 is something that may well happen next season on a regular basis, judging by those stating on here saying no more of this dross being served up etc and not renewing. Each to their own but, we've been here before, we're yo - yo Rotherham United and it's what we've come to expect over the last great 10 years of our rollercoaster seasons.

UTM or in this case DTM

Season tickets sold (8,500 ?) + 250 from Plymouth so official crowd 8750

Actual bums on seats 6,122

But it wouldn't surprise me if it's only 5,500ish
    Last edited by BramleyMiller58; 03-04-2024 at 02:35 PM.

Result didn't matter Monday still same needed a change in management to restore faith with the stay away fans. I know we should be saying to them don't bother coming back but what do we want a half empty stadium next season?

Maybe skewed by kids for a quid on Friday night ..not sure why you want to put em through that mind and run the risk of social services getting involved..🤣

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    Season tickets sold (8,500 ?) + 250 from Plymouth so official crowd 8750

Actual bums on seats 6,122

But it wouldn't surprise me if it's only 5,500ish
    Bums on seats 6,122. Seats taken up by bums 7,122

Will be less in the ground with train disruptions.

Casual supporter perhaps think -

£25 to watch Rotherham United, plus a few jars in pub extra £10

Don't go to the game, go in pub, watch it for nowt & have a Friday night session, with the £35.

Sadly, this is why we'll never compete in the Championship. We don't have the support.

Quote Originally Posted by Jocksgloves1 View Post
    Sadly, this is why we'll never compete in the Championship. We don't have the support.
    Ex colleague who follows Argyle says expect a large following/show of support for them on Friday - they see this as a 3 point banker that will go a long way to securing their survival

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Casual supporter perhaps think -

£25 to watch Rotherham United, plus a few jars in pub extra £10

Don't go to the game, go in pub, watch it for nowt & have a Friday night session, with the £35.

Can drink anytime. Can't watching millers at home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast