+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Trains - Industrial Action 4th to 9th April 2024

O/T Trains - Industrial Action 4th to 9th April 2024

Trains - Industrial Action 4th to 9th April 2024

As a result of ASLEF strike action, there will be no Northern Services on Saturday 6th April.

Northern Services.

Wednesday 3rd April --- Normal service.

Thursday 4th April ----- Expect disruption, check before you travel.

Friday 5th April ---- Expect disruption, check before you travel. [ Strikes elsewhere ]

Saturday 6th April --- - No Northern Services. [ Strike ]

Sunday 7th April ----- Expect disruption, check before you travel.

Monday 8th April ----- Expect disruption, check before you travel. [ Strikes elsewhere ]

Tuesday 9th April ----- Expect disruption, check before you travel.

Wednesday 10th April ---- Normal Service.

Millers game moved from Sat 6th April [ no trains ] to Fri 5th April [ expect disruption with trains ]

So will cause problems, with bus service cuts also on different routes, one bus every 2 hours,
    instance 221 Rotherham to Doncaster, just before 9pm then next just before 11pm [last one],
    so we after depend on the last bus.

ELK - get thisen a Stand Up Paddleboard (appropriately for you known as a SUP for short ). I'm sure there's a way to navigate the canal/Don from Rotherham to Mexborough.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    ELK - get thisen a Stand Up Paddleboard (appropriately for you known as a SUP for short ). I'm sure there's a way to navigate the canal/Don from Rotherham to Mexborough.
    Be o/k going, but coming back after a session in the Angel pub, I will need the RNLI.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Be o/k going, but coming back after a session in the Angel pub, I will need the RNLI.
    You might need more than that when you get to Aldwarke sewage treatment works…💩

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    You might need more than that when you get to Aldwarke sewage treatment works…
    Will I need Ski's for this part or a sludge-board

Who's goona work canal lock-gates for me

Who's goona work canal lock-gates for me
    When we stayed in a canalside cottage in Northants in October there were volunteers manning the locks through Stoke Bruerne. Not sure they worked up until the pubs shut though

ELK….saw a small unmarked bus passing from rotherham central railway station yesterday (Thursday) which said 107 Swinton but had what looked like a British rail sign in front of it…..is this a regular normal service or rail replacement…?..

According to trainline website, no bus service on during the strike.
    Only time I have seen it when Rotherham railway station flooded. With Leeds & Sheffield trains to Sheffield using top line, then laying buses on from Meadiwhall to Rotherham return.
    Nothing on for anyone wanting to go to Swinton etc.
    With a lot of traffic congestion Rawmarsh Hill into Rotherham this week, I will be going earlier on the 221 service, catching the last bus home 10.52pm.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    ELK….saw a small unmarked bus passing from rotherham central railway station yesterday (Thursday) which said 107 Swinton but had what looked like a British rail sign in front of it…..is this a regular normal service or rail replacement…?..
    The 107 service goes around the Wentworth Estate at Swinton up near the High House pub mainly for people going shopping, then finishes late afternoon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast