+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Moderation Discussion

A very good post ulley. I do feel the mods anti woke culture is likely to put off new members who are not and i get the feeling that they mods have a like us or lump us feeling to them. Everyone of the mods is pro anti woke and if not openly do not challenge anti woke views put on here constantly by such as grist. It would put new members off.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    A very good post ulley. I do feel the mods anti woke culture is likely to put off new members who are not and i get the feeling that they mods have a like us or lump us feeling to them. Everyone of the mods is pro anti woke and if not openly do not challenge anti woke views put on here constantly by such as grist. It would put new members off.
    As I said, just an observation, but if the general feeling around a forum is that homophobia, ***ism, racism, etc are ignored (however 'mild' it may feel), it's not going to appeal to a wider audience. Look, I'm a newbie, and it's none of my business how a forum is run, but it appears to be a (small??) part of underlying issues some members have.

Dont be apologetic ulley. I have being.saying similar things for years and nowt gets done about it. Millers mad is very happy with its group of regular posters because they support the mods views. Anyone who challenges them gets shouted down often with the use of abuse which is just excused as "free speech". It is nice to know that not all forums are like this. They will probably have a wider range of participants i would imagine than mmad.

Looking at quite a lot of clubs on forums listed, quite a few have ceased being used,
    it would seem a lot of fans have gone to social media, which personally I won't touch.

Dont be apologetic ulley. I have being.saying similar things for years and nowt gets done about it. Millers mad is very happy with its group of regular posters because they support the mods views. Anyone who challenges them gets shouted down often with the use of abuse which is just excused as "free speech". It is nice to know that not all forums are like this. They will probably have a wider range of participants i would imagine than mmad.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not concerned if I encounter this sort of thing in person, let alone on a forum - I'm old/big enough to deal with it either way (let's face it, the sort of people who piss themselves over players taking a knee, or rainbow laces are rarely intimidating ). I'm just saying what I see is pretty poor and could be easily fixed, although as a newcomer I have little influence, and wouldn't want to spend my own time moderating, so I couldn't logically push the point that much. A house rules sticky would go a long way though, especially if the mods are consistent and deal with things the right way.

Think thats the least the mods could do ulley.

A question for camiller? Why does howdy and "others" opinions carry so much weight on here? I can guess the others by the way. Why cant my or say ulleys opinions carry the same weight? It sort of backs up what im saying. Careful you dont dig a deeper hole with your reply? (Assuming you do of course).

A question for camiller? Why does and "others" opinions carry so much weight on here? I can guess the others by the way. Why cant my or say ulleys opinions carry the same weight? It sort of backs up what im saying. Careful you dont dig a deeper hole with your reply? (Assuming you do of course).
    As far as I'm concerned everyone on here has an equal voice and what exactly are my views Roly that everyone is supporting? It's supposed to be a football message board and unfortunately, like in the game of football itself, non-footballing matters always start to cloud discussions. There's a long FAQ in the menu tab at the top of the page if anyone wants to take time to read the rules of FootyMAD. I for one don't have time to read every post but I do read and act on every Report Post email I get. I feel many may shy away from using this function though because it exposes their registered email address to the moderators.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    As far as I'm concerned everyone on here has an equal voice
    As Howdy will tell you, he himself and others in the past have often decried the removal of posts so nowadays we tend not to do it and leave them up for fellow posters to make their own judgement.

( Why quote Howdy here by the way? So am I a fellow poster as well? Do you go on my judgement if I say posts should be removed?)

Anyway,so back to your original point re we all have an equal voice...you will therefore be putting a sticky up as suggested by Ulleymiller and myself.

I look forward to it.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 03-04-2024 at 04:58 PM.

As Howdy will tell you, he himself and others in the past have often decried the removal of posts so nowadays we tend not to do it and leave them up for fellow posters to make their own judgement.

( Why quote Howdy here by the way? So am I a fellow poster as well? Do you go on my judgement if I say posts should be removed?)

Anyway,so back to your original point re we all have an equal voice...you will therefore be putting a sticky up as suggested by Ulleymiller and myself.

I look forward to it.
    I quoted Howdy as he himself had commented on this thread.

No I won't because as I mentioned there is a long FAQ on the rules of FootyMAD and I don't have the time to post a list of things that simply will end up as another point of argument amongst the argumentative posters on here. As I mentioned, if you see posts that either offend you or break the rules of FootyMAD then report them and a moderator will act when they get the time.

PS Still waiting on which of my views it is that everyone is supporting.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 03-04-2024 at 05:23 PM.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast