+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Moderation Discussion

Site Moderation Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    And those that post these accusations are leaving themselves wide open to a potential libel case.
    Although the lack of serious harm from a forum such as this would likely shut down any such case, unless someone wants to flesh out the 'thief' allegation and put themselves on the spot. Not seen that comment myself.

And those that post these accusations are leaving themselves wide open to a potential libel case.
    Not really.

If you're that concerned why don't you moderate the post and send him/her a PM?

Or is that just for 'mates'?

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Not really.

Level of respect: +1

Not really.

Two posts have been moderated recently for that exact reason and a PM sent to the poster who acknowledged the action without any drama.

Not really.

Obviously you've not seen the action of several removed posts by moderation of late. As for the 'Thief' part I haven't seen that myself so cannot follow up on that but would if it arose.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Two posts have been moderated recently for that exact reason and a PM sent to the poster who acknowledged the action without any drama.
    CAM, you beat me to it.

CAM, you beat me to it.
    Name:  5018409_700b.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  41.8 KB

Did either of them involve casual racism and misogyny, or is moderation purely to deter libelous posting/defend the good name of TS (del. as appr.)?

Quote Originally Posted by UlleyMiller View Post
    Did either of them involve casual racism and misogyny, or is moderation purely to deter libelous posting/defend the good name of TS (del. as appr.)?
    They were potentially defamatory but nothing to do with TS.

There's a Report Post button at the bottom of every post if you ever see anything that offends you. As Howdy will tell you, he himself and others in the past have often decried the removal of posts so nowadays we tend not to do it and leave them up for fellow posters to make their own judgement.

They were potentially defamatory but nothing to do with TS.

There's a Report Post button at the bottom of every post if you ever see anything that offends you. As Howdy will tell you, he himself and others in the past have often decried the removal of posts so nowadays we tend not to do it and leave them up for fellow posters to make their own judgement.
    To be perfectly honest, having seen antiquated language, casual homophobic slurs, etc from a moderator, I'd see little point in using a report function - although I take your point. After 20+ years on various forums, I'm pretty surprised there isn't a 'house rules' sticky which could be pointed at/used as a means to strive for consistency. There's very obviously a number of longer term members who feel they have reason(s) to comment on this issue, but maybe longevity, inclusivity, appeal to new members to the forum aren't as important here as I've seen elsewhere, so it's not dealt with. Purely an observation.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast