+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Moderation Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by UlleyMiller View Post
    What immediately follows your post is why I maintain that resistance is far too strong for me to waste my time (and to put myself up to be shot at).

As I said more than once, I'm a newbie, and this ain't mine. All observations, happy to STFU if they're rocking anyone's boat.

Please don't STFU Ulley, There will be those who will try to shut you up but have your say. Some bleat on about freedom of speech and fascism etc as long as its the stuff they like to hear.

There are a lot of good posters left though but I fear many have been driven away.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 03-04-2024 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    There's a heck of a lot of cupcake shops here in the US that are going to have to rethink their business strategy. A bit like the faggot shops in Lancashire I guess?
    Stop it! I'm trying to redress the balance and now you post this? Really!

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    So you don't accept my apology?

As for using the terminology 'cupcake' to a gay man one simply wouldn't or, would a gay man with an 'open' mind just laugh it off? We'll never know unless we try it. I've got quite a few gay friends (men), I'll ask one what he thinks and let you know.
    You mean the "who, me" comedy skit you did? Nobody's actually laughing with you, it's just a bit sad.

Offensive? Somewhat.
    Illegal? No.
    Worth a ban? Obviously not.
    Worth a quiet word? See if it's repetitive, targeted, intending to upset/bully, then decide from there.

It's really not this complicated, and it's really not subjective with certain points.
    If someone calls me out they are going get a reply . Like I said in the post . I was advised not to read or comment on a certain posters post . Then I get called out by this poster on here tonight so they got a reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Please don't STFU Ulley, There will be those who will try to shut you up but have your say. Some bleat on about freedom of speech and fascism etc as long as its the stuff they like to hear.

There are a lot of good posters left though but I fear many have been driven away.
    Lost cause pal. All you get is dad jokes, "uncle nobhead" routines and sarcastic ignorance. All a bit pitiful, really. Easier to leave them to it and navigate conversations through to actual grown-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersJ81 View Post
    If someone calls me out they are going get a reply . Like I said in the post . I was advised not to read or comment on a certain posters post . Then I get called out by this poster on here tonight so they got a reaction.
    It's not my party mate. I don't personally think a bit of back and forth is an issue if both are okay with it. Ignoring is always an option.

You mean the "who, me" comedy skit you did? Nobody's actually laughing with you, it's just a bit sad.
    Tell me where I am not being realistically apologetic?

''Seriously? I am absolutely astounded as I never knew that at all. Just goes to show how out of touch I am with all this modern woke language.

I therefore duly and profoundly apologise to yourself and vow never to use it again now I know the 'correct' terminology of it's new meaning. I always found it as a 'soft in the centre' piece of food.

Come on, who else on here knew the use of 'cup cake' was a homophobic slant?''

What on earth is wrong with that as an apology and not realising that 'cupcake' meant what you said?

The basic problem with this site is that there are a lot of lazy. unfounded and unresearched comments which don't get challenged, Mods should encourage posters to back up what they are saying with hard facts from reputable sources. That does not include the bloke at the pub. some lunatic publication, or dodgy web site. if they cant they should challenge what they are saying. Something like "where is your evidence for that comment."? It would soon stop people arguing about contentious stuff on here and get back to talking football. its not rocket science.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 03-04-2024 at 09:29 PM.

What a load of big girls blouses on here .
    Just saw it.
    Absolute idiots. The lot of you .

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    What a load of big girls blouses on here .
    Just saw it.
    Absolute idiots. The lot of you .
    Crash, I've honestly tried to apologise but apparently it's not acceptable what more can a bloke do?

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast