+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Foden

Foden

What a player.

Only Southgate could mess up our chances this summer.

Saka, Foden, Bellingham and Kane are the best front four in world football in my opinion.

We should win the next two Euros and World Cups at least, if Spain or Brazil had this talent they would.

Mainoo, Rico Richards to compliment Rice in front of a front four….Jeez, how can you fail?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    What a player.

Saka, Foden, Bellingham and Kane are the best front four in world football in my opinion.

We should win the next two Euros and World Cups at least, if Spain or Brazil had this talent they would.

Mainoo, Rico Richards to compliment Rice in front of a front four….Jeez, how can you fail?

If Pep or Klopp had this team we would win a major trophy. With Southgate we will win what he won as a club manager - nothing!!!

Reminded me of Shan when he parked the bus against Italy at Wembley!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    What a player.

How can he fail? I notice you haven't mentioned the defence and their availability. And I don't think our former midfielder who's currently registered to the Vile is anywhere near the squad either.

England have a good squad on paper but it's far from unbeatable on grass. Fur coat and no nickers, I just hope we don't get caught with our pants down regardless of who's in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    How can he fail? I notice you haven't mentioned the defence and their availability. And I don't think our former midfielder who's currently registered to the Vile is anywhere near the squad either.

England have a good squad on paper but it's far from unbeatable on grass. Fur coat and no nickers, I just hope we don't get caught with our pants down regardless of who's in charge.
    If we play on the front foot we’ll win.

Problem is, Southgate manages scared…..s h I t s himself at the sight of his own shadow.

Agree that we do indeed have a few world class players but what worries me is that this is only really in our forward line and defensively we are average. Stones and Walker are decent, I would argue, as is Pickford but not been impressed with players like Chilwell or Dunk and we lack a class holding midfielder and centre back, someone who can really marshall the defence. As such, playing on the front foot would seem the obvious thing to do as it plays to our strengths -just doubt that Southgate will do so.

Whilst we do have the likes of Bellingham , Saka and Foden I also still think that we rely on Kane too much in terms of putting the ball in the back of the net but hopefully this may change, especially if they are allowed to play with a bit more freedom up front.

He’s a real talent. Top top player.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    He’s a real talent. Top top player.
    We have one decent defender in Kyle Walker, the rest are bang average. We can’t play any other way but on the front foot, sit back and as we have found we will get beat by better opponents. Southgate does not have the balls, therefore we will lose first time we meet a big team in a knock out game.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    We have one decent defender in Kyle Walker, the rest are bang average. We can’t play any other way but on the front foot, sit back and as we have found we will get beat by better opponents. Southgate does not have the balls, therefore we will lose first time we meet a big team in a knock out game.
    Stones is a class player Dave, he could easily play alongside Rice in the holding midfielder role.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)