+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kelty Hearts

Kelty Hearts

Let's hope that our slightly more energised team turns up on Saturday and blows Kelty Hearts away!

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Let's hope that our slightly more energised team turns up on Saturday and blows Kelty Hearts away!
    We certainly need to up our efforts against Kelty who are unbeaten in the 3 league games against us this season - 2 defeats and a draw !

A very windy day forecast for Saturday. Keep the ball on the deck please Queens.

the ice hockey season is finished so maybe we’ll see a few back at Palmerston for tomorrow’s game. They had an incredible 1,120 attendance last weekend. The new owners have totally transformed the match day experience there apparently and their approach would be very welcome at Palmerston. Over to you Billy boy

Well that was honking

Another home defeat. No wonder the terracing was so bare. There is no belief in this team or indeed the club at the moment.
    I think Kelty did have the better of the weather. The rare occasions we shot in the second half things happened. Keltys second comes for a corner as our midfield can't defend. Harry should not be our deepest midfielder. Kilsby has no confidence and his team mates have no trust in him. Bavidge for Kelty had him on toast all day. Kelty the better team.
    For the first time in years I have no intention of renewing my season ticket if Bartley is still in place.

I think the reasons he’s still there is something he very cleverly got written into his contract. It’s going to cost Queens money either way.

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    I think the reasons he’s still there is something he very cleverly got written into his contract. It’s going to cost Queens money either way.
    Never in my long, long association with Queens did I think the local ice hockey team Solway Sharks would be getting bigger crowds. The transformation the new guys running the hockey team has worked wonders and it cannot be cheap when you see the huge distances the team has to make all over Engerland to away matches. Could the QOS board learn anything from their
    set - up as Mr Hewitson will know them as his firm sponsored the shirts last season I believe.

The board have obviously washed their hands of the decision. There is no one who thinks the coaching team are going to build anything. Bartley is right that the second goal is caused by not making tackles both in the lead to the corner and at the corner. The problem is he signed this squad with no defensive midfielder. Ben Johnstone would be no worse than some picked in front of him. Likewise Kilsby was signed and picked by Bartley. This is a player going backwards despite our full time coaching.
    Marvin's contract was given by three men or maybe one man. Maybe they should find the money to sack him rather than pass the problem onto someone else.

It is clear that the board will have to act soon otherwise season ticket sales for next season will crash regardless of what division we are in if Bartley is still at the helm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)