+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Avaliable managers

O/T Avaliable managers

Paul Heckingbottom not a bad shout. Plymouth said to be interested so shouldn't be out of our price range.

All a bit pointless when we're not looking for one at the moment unless by putting the O/T you are recommending him for the local Nandos?

Give it a rest Gru we know you don’t like him if in 12 months time we’re going down to League 2 you can come on and say told you so but like it or not we’re stuck with him he was 4th choice or so were led to believe but MT spent all the money it’s not his squad so he should at least be given a chance
    Try and look on the bright side nobody wanted Warney and that turned out ok, oh sorry you didn’t like him either!

Here we go again jumping on every thread and saying the same thing time and time again . A bit like certain posters going on and on about our training facilities , although that seems to have quietened down a bit lately unlike Gru and his dislike of LR .

I don’t think this has got anything to do with whether someone likes / dislikes LR and everything to do with whether he’s the right choice going forwards which is very very important
    Many fans have serious doubts, maybe some do not.
    Many people on here have said …but who else would we appoint.
    Tony might change his mind

So in my view it’s useful to suggest alternatives at this moment in time

Keeping the ex Barnsley Managers theme going from Gru, Michael Duff was once touted but appears to be still unemployed

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I don’t think this has got anything to do with whether someone likes / dislikes LR and everything to do with whether he’s the right choice going forwards which is very very important

Keeping the ex Barnsley Managers theme going from Gru, Michael Duff was once touted but appears to be still unemployed
    Serious question: Why is it useful to suggest alternatives? If the club relieve LR of his duties, will you have a say in choosing his replacement?

People need to give it a rest. If you and other people don't like it, wait to see what the recruitment is like before you buy your season ticket for next season. If you're not happy with it, don't buy one and hit the club financially.

Everyone wants to be the chairman and pick the team. I get it.

I also get that players will not perform to their best if supporters don't get behind them. I hope really disgruntled fans decide to stay away. Not because I don't sympathise with their view but because their presence and negativity will be counter productive next season.

LR has hardly been impressive but neither you or I know, what was discussed when he took the job. It's clear he had no funds at all in January and inherited a dressing room that had already given up the ghost.

There needs to be a clean slate.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post

Heckingbottom if he's a manager we could get I can't think of one better. Richardson Kelly majority of our fans I don't believe have much faith in them. I don't think players have either.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Paul Heckingbottom not a bad shout. Plymouth said to be interested so shouldn't be out of our price range.
    I thought Paul Heckingbottom was favourite for the Sunderland FC managers job.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Heckingbottom if he's a manager we could get I can't think of one better. Richardson Kelly majority of our fans I don't believe have much faith in them. I don't think players have either.
    You said Morrison has "something about him" I thought you wanted him as head coach? Wasn't it Peltier before that as well?

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Serious question: Why is it useful to suggest alternatives? If the club relieve LR of his duties, will you have a say in choosing his replacement?

People need to give it a rest. If you and other people don't like it, wait to see what the recruitment is like before you buy your season ticket for next season. If you're not happy with it, don't buy one and hit the club financially.

Everyone wants to be the chairman and pick the team. I get it.

I also get that players will not perform to their best if supporters don't get behind them. I hope really disgruntled fans decide to stay away. Not because I don't sympathise with their view but because their presence and negativity will be counter productive next season.

LR has hardly been impressive but neither you or I know, what was discussed when he took the job. It's clear he had no funds at all in January and inherited a dressing room that had already given up the ghost.

There needs to be a clean slate.
    But this is a football board isn’t it ?
    I don’t see what the issue is if Guru wants to start a thread asking a reasonable question.
    Makes a change from the childish ones.
    Personally I’m warming a little to LR and agree he needs to be judged next season but others aren’t.
    Oh and before you start trawling my previous posts so you can copy and paste I can guarantee I’ve put some stupid stuff and had petty spats. Save you a job seen as that’s your MO.
    Have a good day 👍🏻

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast