+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shurandy Sambo inbound...

Quote Originally Posted by ballcock View Post
    It also takes a lot of money, which we don't appear to have
    How many teams outside the big six really do have the money??!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlydave View Post
    How many teams outside the big six really do have the money??!
    Sadly, money is ruining the game for me. With the PL, the title contest is between the few wealthy clubs, relegation is a battle between the smaller, poorer clubs and in the middle are a few teams that, frankly, don’t interest me. Who cares about Palarse v Brentford unless you are a fan? Watching paint dry can be more interesting.

[QUOTE=Swissclaret;40482753]Sadly, money is ruining the game for me. With the PL, the title contest is between the few wealthy clubs, relegation is a battle between the smaller, poorer clubs and in the middle are a few teams that,
    I think what’s happend Swiss is that money has turned a lot of people off as you allude to in palace v Brentford.

Not too many years ago I would watch every football game on TV but nowadays I really do pick and choose - there is too much corruption - too high wages - elitism- Var - diving - cheating and everything in between.

I posted on another thread that Forest s appeal and statement to the premier league was interesting as they alluded to exactly what you said - they asked how will we compete to stay in the league and compete with the top 6 / 8 who already have the money if we don’t chance our arm and pay players the rate to try and keep us in the league long enough to establish ourselves.

Dyche kept us in somehow for several years on nothing really - but they didn’t like us and wanted rid of us because we didn’t conform to the elites.

Forest are saying they have tried to conform but they’re getting fined and points deducted for trying - whlle City - Chelsea - and many others are getting away Scott free

[QUOTE=army88;40482767]
    Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    Sadly, money is ruining the game for me. With the PL, the title contest is between the few wealthy clubs, relegation is a battle between the smaller, poorer clubs and in the middle are a few teams that,
    I think what’s happend Swiss is that money has turned a lot of people off as you allude to in palace v Brentford.

Not too many years ago I would watch every football game on TV but nowadays I really do pick and choose - there is too much corruption - too high wages - elitism- Var - diving - cheating and everything in between.

I posted on another thread that Forest s appeal and statement to the premier league was interesting as they alluded to exactly what you said - they asked how will we compete to stay in the league and compete with the top 6 / 8 who already have the money if we don’t chance our arm and pay players the rate to try and keep us in the league long enough to establish ourselves.

Dyche kept us in somehow for several years on nothing really - but they didn’t like us and wanted rid of us because we didn’t conform to the elites.

Forest are saying they have tried to conform but they’re getting fined and points deducted for trying - whlle City - Chelsea - and many others are getting away Scott free

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Free pass for knuckle-dragging racists isn't it, bet they can't believer their luck.
    I'm not a racist,I hate everybody equally!

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I'm not a racist,I hate everybody equally!
    LOL. Bloody hell alf, don't visit Scotland or they will have you. I was up in Glasgow this weekend and all the talk last nigiht and this morning was about possible hate crime relating to the Rangers v Celtic match. Bear in mind that there were no away fans allowed in the stadium I wondered whether the Rangers fans perhaps hate each other.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Free pass for knuckle-dragging racists isn't it, bet they can't believer their luck.
    I always try to live and let live, but do any harm to my family at your own peril.

However I am already feeling sympathy for a player with that name on his back.

Can you imagine if the crowd started shouting his name like they do for Vitinho?

I think the Club will have to speak with him and his agent to explain the situation.A compromise will have to be reached but,unfortunately,
    his first name does not help much.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)