+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Charlton Athletic v Barnsley

Romared Match Thoughts Charlton Athletic v Barnsley

I'd imagine Mr Collins has learned his lesson from Monday afternoons first half debacle at Burton and goes with the tried and tested that's at least only lost one away game all season and never really left the Play Off positions for the majority of the season .

I think another 10 points from the remaining 7 games should easily be enough to secure at least a couple of post season games early next month .

What happens post season is of course another story altogether .

Part of me say watch it…..Part of me says feck it amd walk the dog, have a few pints.
    Think it sums all season up.

Due to the Cup Final Peterborough and Derby don't laik until Wednesday neet--
    Wycombe-v-Derby
    Peterborough-v-Port Vale.

It is an opportunity for Collin's rampant Reds to send shivers through the top six by winning both at Charlton today and Stevenage on Tuesday taking the Men of Grove Street onto 80 pts, just two behind 2nd placed Derby. causing Paul Warne's fragile team to crumble under the relentless pressure from the Oakwell outfit.

The Reds are turning into the final straight, ahead are the thoroughbreds from Portsmouth and Derby who can see the automatics winning post ahead but could also be hearing the thundering hooves in Grove Street colours if Charlton and Stevenage are swept aside.

Derby's run in--Wycombe A, Orient H, Cambridge A, Carlisle H could be tough for them and they could fold.

One game at a time for Neill and Den's Men with a professional laser like focus on Charlton today.

Very tough game today , not a happy hunting ground for us & they are currently 10 unbeaten , I would take a point now .

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Part of me say watch it…..Part of me says feck it amd walk the dog, have a few pints.
    Today’s game is a reality check for us and an opportunity to demonstrate just how really good we are, or not.

Must watch for me Jules giving up a promenade walk in a nice 23/24c gentle breeze and dropping off at a couple of watering holes on the way.

A ground that we generally struggle at is the Valley. Nathan Jones has sorted out Charltons woes and got them safe. My thinking is that with our away record and Charltons players with half an eye on their post season holidays, we'll win 2-1

Name:  IMG_8891.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  13.2 KB

REDS: Roberts (GK), Williams (c), de Gevigney, McCart, Earl, Cadden, Connell, Russell, Phillips, McAtee, Cole.

Subs: Killip (GK), Cotter, O'Keeffe, Kane, Grant, Cosgrove, Jalo.

ADDICKS: Isted (GK), Thomas, Dobson (c), Hector, May, Small, Gillesphey, Kanu, Anderson, Coventry, Ramsay.

Subs: Maynard-Brewer (GK), Ladapo, Cambell, Aneke, Bakinson, Edmonds-Green, Laulau.

Kane on bench so is Jalo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Same as you Jules, will be 9pm here in Jakarta 50/50 I decide to pay a tenner on i-follow

Good luck Lads 3 points please.

Who was the defender ducking out of May's shot that put Charlton 2-1 up ?

Spineless .

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast