+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Statement from Board

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

They may as well have just said that SM is going nowhere. They have simply undermined the start that LW made with the same group of players as what SM has at his disposal.
    If things were going more by luck as they infer at the start of the season why have they done such a bodge job on the January window when it was apparent as we sat sixth we needed better not pointless signings like LAH and Colkett.
    That statement does not offer any reassurances.

So SM is with us next season! Relegation fight on the horizon. Stats do not win games, any one with eyes can see how crap the defence is and how substitutions have cost us points.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Stats do not win games.
    Stats are old school. The new buzzword is 'metrics'.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Stats are old school. The new buzzword is 'metrics'.
    New word, same crap.

"Clearly, our weakness this season has been the high number of goals we’ve conceded – but it would be unfair to blame this only on our defensive players"
    I'm sorry but that statement right there astounds me... the amount of half hearted tackles and completely unforced errors has been shocking 😑 of course the midfield have to chip in defensively but they can do nothing when our defense simply hand teams goals on a regular basis

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    "Clearly, our weakness this season has been the high number of goals we’ve conceded – but it would be unfair to blame this only on our defensive players"
    I'm sorry but that statement right there astounds me... the amount of half hearted tackles and completely unforced errors has been shocking 😑 of course the midfield have to chip in defensively but they can do nothing when our defense simply hand teams goals on a regular basis
    Agree. Whilst Jones is great, he cannot defend and several goals have come from his lack of ability at the back. As for Nemane well you might as well not bother having him at the back he cannot head a ball, gets pushed off it with ease and does not anticipate danger. Not withstanding Jones would be my first name on the team sheet every week. You cannot just teach these players to defend as they are simply not defenders! It's like putting me up front. Bostocks negative play in recent months is horrible to watch and I hope he does not get a contract renewal his legs have gone. We need a pretty big rethink on that area as despite obvious weakness known about for 12 months little of substance has been done to rectify it. Oh and over the season our league position is probably about right. Stats aside we can simply be very exciting but very crap as well. Stick that up your XG and sign some decent defenders chaps!

The owners aren’t disputing the league position or that they’re disappointed. They’re clearly saying they believe we should have got more points for the performances and bridging the gap to be challenging higher isn’t miles off.
    Putting it out on a Friday night for me was a massive mistake, a lot of people have had a drink and then emotions runs high.
    Some of the comments on here and Twitter though are astounding to me though towards the owners.
    It’s a learning curve coming up, there’s absolutely no point looking a Wrexham, their player budget is 3 times the amount of ours.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    So SM is with us next season! Relegation fight on the horizon. Stats do not win games, any one with eyes can see how crap the defence is and how substitutions have cost us points.
    Stats certainly don’t win games ! Do they only look at stats for our attacking football ? I would love to see their stats for our defence because apart from possession I almost guarantee they’re awful !

Quote Originally Posted by Thordardaughter View Post
    Stats certainly don’t win games ! Do they only look at stats for our attacking football ? I would love to see their stats for our defence because apart from possession I almost guarantee they’re awful !
    I'd imagine if someone was able to get the metrics for time spent without the ball divided by goals conceded we'd be the worst by quite some distance.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast