+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Statement from Board

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    L2 table based on all games played since 18th January 2024, the day Stuart Maynard took charge

Can you do a 14 match comparison for LW.
    Starting with his last match and going backwards. Obviously it will be better but how much.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Can you do a 14 match comparison for LW.
    Starting with his last match and going backwards. Obviously it will be better but how much.
    This is from Mansfield home to Tranmere away

This is from Mansfield home to Tranmere away

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Apart from the first 10 minutes that coincided with Slocombe losing his head, we were the better team, they didn't have a sniff so don't get how we were "lucky" in the final
    A penelty shoot out bsaically is a coin toss - that is what is meant by Notts being lucky - because despite finishing on 107 points all that did not matter
    You could even argue we were lucky against Boreham Wood , equalising in the 96th minute, very slim margin for error maybe just seconds .. In fact Boreham wood should have won, missing an absolute sitter just minutes before .As we have found in L2 , a team would not miss, all mistakes and weaknesses are punished

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    The owners aren’t disputing the league position or that they’re disappointed. They’re clearly saying they believe we should have got more points for the performances and bridging the gap to be challenging higher isn’t miles off.
    Putting it out on a Friday night for me was a massive mistake, a lot of people have had a drink and then emotions runs high.
    Some of the comments on here and Twitter though are astounding to me though towards the owners.
    It’s a learning curve coming up, there’s absolutely no point looking a Wrexham, their player budget is 3 times the amount of ours.
    So what is the point of modern football , the more money your owners have the better success you get . This is why Notts have been crap since Pavis left, none of the Notts owners had 2 beans to rub together , hence Notts decline.

Quote Originally Posted by Pietastic View Post
    Thought it was well balanced and as long as next season kicks off with better results - then I like the long term and steady head approach. I know I'll be called a happy clapper by some but I've enjoyed watching this current team (including last's season's version) more than the vast majority of the Nott's teams I've watched over the decades and have some faith. And I've seen how quickly the manager in manager out vibes can lead to self destruct.
    The only reason the manager in manager out vibes lead to self destruction is because Notts sacked quite good manageres eg Curle, Nolan etc and every time they were replaced by worse managers
    What we have seen under the current owners is they are sticking with poor to average coaches eg Ardley, now Sm, and they would have stuck with Burchnall. This seems a silly approach, nothing wrong with getting rid of poor coach, not sure i agree the metrics we are the same as earlier this season, personally i think it was because LW was a better coach.
    That being said though the owners have a plan, that i like includes stability financially , it is there 1st season in L2, so lets see how they adapt next season

Quote Originally Posted by Scamps View Post
    This should really be in the good news thread ,such great leadership showing that stability will bring success,it may take time but its admirable
    Gonna laugh my arse off if Stags bottle promotion! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Magpike View Post
    Gonna laugh my arse off if Stags bottle promotion! lol
    We actaully helped the Stags by drawing against the MK Dons last week, how sickening that would be if that draw promotes Mansfield

L2 table based on all games played since 18th January 2024, the day Stuart Maynard took charge

This is the only thing that worries me about our current situation. SM seems to have brought the worst luck in the world with him.

Maybe the owners are right - they've been right, a LOT, when we thought they were wrong. But damn, what a gamble going into a new season with him in charge. Still, let's see how the last few games pan out...

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    A penelty shoot out bsaically is a coin toss - that is what is meant by Notts being lucky - because despite finishing on 107 points all that did not matter
    You could even argue we were lucky against Boreham Wood , equalising in the 96th minute, very slim margin for error maybe just seconds .. In fact Boreham wood should have won, missing an absolute sitter just minutes before .As we have found in L2 , a team would not miss, all mistakes and weaknesses are punished
    Thats why we won today - because Harragate did not punish our mistakes like teams usually do - not because we were brilliant. TBH the score line flattered us at 3-0 but you gota sing when your winning- and it was nice to fianlly beat Harragate

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast