+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Statement from Board

Statement from Board

They may as well have just said that SM is going nowhere. They have simply undermined the start that LW made with the same group of players as what SM has at his disposal.
    If things were going more by luck as they infer at the start of the season why have they done such a bodge job on the January window when it was apparent as we sat sixth we needed better not pointless signings like LAH and Colkett.
    That statement does not offer any reassurances.

So SM is with us next season! Relegation fight on the horizon. Stats do not win games, any one with eyes can see how crap the defence is and how substitutions have cost us points.

Quote Originally Posted by NottsNotCounty View Post
    They may as well have just said that SM is going nowhere.
    That's how I read it. We were lucky early on, unlucky later on but what we're doing is right.

Didn't say anything of substance to convince me.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Stats do not win games.
    Stats are old school. The new buzzword is 'metrics'.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Stats are old school. The new buzzword is 'metrics'.
    New word, same crap.

Quote Originally Posted by NottsNotCounty View Post
    They may as well have just said that SM is going nowhere. They have simply undermined the start that LW made with the same group of players as what SM has at his disposal.
    If things were going more by luck as they infer at the start of the season why have they done such a bodge job on the January window when it was apparent as we sat sixth we needed better not pointless signings like LAH and Colkett.
    That statement does not offer any reassurances.
    I find this statement a bit arrogant and lacking a basic understanding of the fans frustrations of this season. Have they watched the games? Sod the 'metrics', except things haven't been great and accept things have to change. Starting with the manager!!

Quote Originally Posted by ladyretfordpie View Post
    I find this statement a bit arrogant and lacking a basic understanding of the fans frustrations of this season. Have they watched the games? Sod the 'metrics', except things haven't been great and accept things have to change. Starting with the manager!!
    Arrogant message I won’t be renewing next year won’t be attending now till he’s gone.
    Taken us form 6th to 17th and still being supported by the the board

I would love to see the stat that shows goals conceded due to playing Russian roulette at the back. 75% possession but a goal 50% of the time it is lost due to those predatory opposition players who insist in pinching the ball just like a bloody sea gull at the seaside and a packet of fries.

The "Pre match" thread and its links point to the issues that existed in LW's time and I do think he had an easy fixture start aided by the momentum from last season. How often does one see a newly promoted team exceed expectation for a handful of games, get sussed out by othe managers and then plummet down the table?

In some respects Maynard was sold a pup, but a better coach/manager would have dealt with it better.

The board are showing the same lack of humility that Maynard did in his last interview. Disappointed at their lack of acknowledgement that their defensive/goalkeeper recruitment has not match a top 7 ambition.

Thought it was well balanced and as long as next season kicks off with better results - then I like the long term and steady head approach. I know I'll be called a happy clapper by some but I've enjoyed watching this current team (including last's season's version) more than the vast majority of the Nott's teams I've watched over the decades and have some faith. And I've seen how quickly the manager in manager out vibes can lead to self destruct.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast