+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Plymouth Argyle Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Millerbill, what fee did we get for Barlaser?
    Talking to Boro fans, when we unbelievably beat them,said it was around 800k but it was "undisclosed" at our end.Totally undersold our prize asset.

The compensation for Warne was more than that

Last night both during and after the game the concensus of opinion was that Richardson is "a dead man walking". Astonishingly i look at posts on here apologising for him and wanting to judge him on next season. Incredible. He is one of the worst managers we have ever had and should be sacked immediately to give a new man opportunity to look at what he's inheriting. Stewart may be too embarassed to do what's obviously necessary. Rob Scott seems to be keeping away from this toxic state of affairs. The expected lack of season ticket renewals should be a major worry.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Some, and perhaps most, of the ‘triers’ are likely to leave for differing reasons.
    Vicktor, Villa will want Revan back in the cship, Haks and Basil could be sold, Clucas finds another club etc etc
    So we could still be left with quite a few of the non triers who are still under contract and no other club wants

So even if he signs his own players LR will still have to manage some problematic, can’t be bothered type players and whilst admittedly that is not an easy task he’s not shown that he’s got an aptitude for it.
    It is indeed a mess and I’m not sure this summer will solve our problems by any means.
    No if they are that disruptive you either agree a separation agreement or manage them out via performance, or let them sit playing with the kids. The club has to show them and the fans it will not tolerate such behaviour, who will stick up for a player that behaves like that? Perhaps their agent who tells them they are Demi-gods everyday but the real world knows different. I think a lot of crap have to leave end of June, my worry is the club will be slow off the mark and sit and wait until they can get players cheaper. I want to hear that LR recommendations have been approved or at least a set of plans agreed and that the whole club executive and coaches are aligned behind the plan and it will be implemented, that requires real leadership and at the moment all this sits at the chairman’s door.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Last night both during and after the game the concensus of opinion was that Richardson is "a dead man walking". Astonishingly i look at posts on here apologising for him and wanting to judge him on next season. Incredible. He is one of the worst managers we have ever had and should be sacked immediately to give a new man opportunity to look at what he's inheriting. Stewart may be too embarassed to do what's obviously necessary. Rob Scott seems to be keeping away from this toxic state of affairs. The expected lack of season ticket renewals should be a major worry.
    Agreed

Staggering the amount of slop your average RUFC fan is prepared to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Talking to Boro fans, when we unbelievably beat them,said it was around 800k but it was "undisclosed" at our end.Totally undersold our prize asset.
    The accounts up to June 2023 only show around £90k received in transfer income.

There is a note against 2022 that £625k will be due if certain conditions are met.

I’m guessing that’s the Barlaser fee which will be accounted when it’s received according to the accounts. We lost over £800k according to the last accounts.

So that money for Barlaser hasn’t funded our 2 record signings.

I think the next accounts will show we splashed out an additional £2m as Tony Stewart says.

Hadn’t gone well has it?

The highlight of the game last night was the hoisting of the flag in the disabled section in the family stand that read NOWT LOWER THAN A ROTHERHAM OWL! straight across from where a sky camera was located! Brilliant work.

Quote Originally Posted by millers88 View Post
    The man upstairs broke our transfer record twice this season he's done his part, poor recruitment I'm afraid been let down massively.
    Heard a rumour last night, that 1 of our record breaking players isn't even in the country.....................I agree TS did spend some money, but not much of his own, but that's his right. It's who suggested signing the rest of the crap/ non-hopers that needs calling out, and TS is in the recuitment team what sanctioned the poor signings?

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    It was the money from selling Wiles and Barlaser that funded that but I do agree it was awful recruiting but "affordable" because we refuse to pay the going rate.
    MB..........and the money from PW and gang to Derby, and the money from J Yates sell on clause......added together another £1.5M

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    MB..........and the money from PW and gang to Derby, and the money from J Yates sell on clause......added together another £1.5M
    The next financials will back that up. If true.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast