+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Plymouth Argyle Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    That summary seems far too sensible for this message board.
    Indeed it does. LR himself has said that he's been spending more time managing 'situations' than 'team matters' - make of that what you will. Perhaps our DoF could sort those out in future and allow our manager to get on with the key job. I'm reserving judgement for some time yet. Understandable that the season's repeated disappointments have bitten hard and deep though

It's a managers responsibility to deal with moody players, those who have downed tools etc.

LR came in and made us worse. Even in our 2 fluked victories we have not played well.

Our victory against Norwich under Taylor was the best football I have seen a Millers side play in a decade. It was current, forward thinking and intelligent. Taylor's big mistake was that he couldn't adapt to in game situations or achieve any consistency.

LR has come in and we are getting ' worst championship team in history' from opposing fans who have seen us.

The football will be dour next season. Ask Wigan fans.

He will be gone very soon thankfully.

So MT managed to oversee one fantastic performance in his term this year and that makes him a good manager.
    Why didn't he make us play like that every game. If he had done we would have been on for promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprotmiller View Post
    So MT managed to oversee one fantastic performance in his term this year and that makes him a good manager.
    Why didn't he make us play like that every game. If he had done we would have been on for promotion.
    Where did I say he was a good manager? You are putting words in my mouth.

MT was not a good manager but at least he did try to implement a style but it was one we couldn't maintain consistently with the calibre of players our budget can attract.

LR has done nothing. Nothing positive at all. He has made a very poor team, worse, destroyed an admittedly waning team spirit and made the place toxic.

Thankfully he will be gone before the season finishes.

I recall several great performances under Taylor this season. Norwich was probably the pinnacle.
    Blackburn performance was very good, and think away to Sunderland home to Leicester.. obv there were the shocking away performance though in a team under transition you expect these indifferent results.
    I'm struggling to remember one under Richardson. Maybe Ipswich away or the first game Ayala stayed on the pitch, think it was Leeds at home...

As someone posted recently. We still have more Warner players in the squad than Taylor players and how can the injured players who are not playing be blamed for us loosing. I know, if we didn't sign these crocks we could have had different players but as most think. It's easy for rufc to attract championship std players (not) and the other half wouldn't trust MT / RS to find these players anyway

Maybe that's part of the reason Cayton why we are in the current situation and what I alluded to earlier.
    Half the team available is the run arounders and the other half is players that don't. So we have a hybrid of the 2 styles that can't / won't work to get results in the championship.
    MT wasn't given the chance to finish his project and LR hasn't had chance as yet to get his started.

Maybe that's part of the reason Cayton why we are in the current situation and what I alluded to earlier.
    Half the team available is the run arounders and the other half is players that don't. So we have a hybrid of the 2 styles that can't / won't work to get results in the championship.
    MT wasn't given the chance to finish his project and LR hasn't had chance as yet to get his started.
    Probably right but a good manager would get the best out of the tools available... Could you imagine Warnock or Evans managing tho lot. I would bet my house on is having a lot more points than we do

May be so we will never know unfortunately.
    The whole Taylor replacement process was a mess and didn't help at all,losing valuable time.

Interesting day today. Met up with former colleague who follows Argyle and was there on Friday. He said he was surprised by us - said most of our players didn’t seem that bothered - like a ‘training session’ - asked me if some were already fixed up elsewhere and therefore avoiding getting stuck in/injured? He said that he’d like to have Victor in their side and Odoffin as a sub - but none of the others, not even on their bench. Thought we might be surprised at how decent L1 is and we could be in for a tough season again without a great improvement on our showing on Friday.

He said he felt sorry for our fans - still, he backs us to bounce back, but it may take time

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Interesting day today. Met up with former colleague who follows Argyle and was there on Friday. He said he was surprised by us - said most of our players didn’t seem that bothered - like a ‘training session’ - asked me if some were already fixed up elsewhere and therefore avoiding getting stuck in/injured? He said that he’d like to have Victor in their side and Odoffin as a sub - but none of the others, not even on their bench. Thought we might be surprised at how decent L1 is and we could be in for a tough season again without a great improvement on our showing on Friday.

He said he felt sorry for our fans - still, he backs us to bounce back, but it may take time
    We, probably more than any team, don't need to be reminded how tough league 1 is. In both our play off wins in league 1, one went to penalties and the other we won in extra time, and even our automatics were won, one on covid when at the time we were struggling, and the last one went to the last game of the season, and I think we have that many players to clear out and bring in for next season, that we will be struggling even for a play off place. As for LR I am in the camp that says he should be given the chance to try and rebuild in league 1 although I fully understand the people who want rid of him and replace him before next season starts, we will have to wait and see what TS decides to do. UTM

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678