+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joelinton Signs new contract

Not surprised he'll become on of our highest players - his importance has been highlighted with his lack of pitch time this season.

Really pleased to see this and don't think it's a coincidence this has happened once Amanda and co have taken over his contract negotiations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrZdFxuVI0U

Parody - Joelinton confirms signing of new contract.

Ha ha - he’s actually talking about racism in football.

Good news, he has signed a 4 year extension .

It's official now, excellent news.
    I agree that him and Pope have been the biggest misses in this extraordinary season.
    The thing I love about Joe, apart from his passion, is that he's 3 midfielders in one, an enforcer, a playmaker and a ball carrier.
    Love the man.
    For me his journey is symbolic of the club, where he's came from and where he's going (hopefully).

Also forgot to mention me and my two boys met him at a soft play a few months ago, he couldn't have been a nicer bloke.
    Must've been approached for 200 selfies, and he obliged each and every one with a big grin.
    Even had a kick about with my boys, a day they'll never forget.
    Absolute gent and colossus on the pitch.

Great news!! And, aye, he was fantastic with our Year 4s at the NU Foundation.

Fantastic news - really pleased about.

Sends a real signal to rest of the players as well:

Play well and you will be rewarded in contract terms.
    We want to keep our best players.

It's great news that the big man has signed on for the long term. Looking forward to seeing Bruno, Tonali & Big Joe in the starting line up next season. That's a mouthwatering prospect and one hell of a competitive midfield 3.

This was never in doubt for me personally. I heard a few rumblings a few weeks ago that it was done & dusted but I had it confirmed to me by a senior figure in the PiF just before Ramadan.

The same fella, said there is no way that the club will consider selling the likes of Bruno, Isak for anything less than silly money. They just aren't interested in clubs even 'exploring possibilities.'

Leads me to believe that it would have to be huge numbers for the board to even consider selling. Realistically who in world football has 'huge number's' to spend?

The money + the buying clubs needs, Do Real Madrid need Bruno? I don't think that position is even 3rd or 4th on their list of priorities.
    Next season, Bruno, Tonali & Big Joe, Isak, fully fit Botman, 3 or 4 equally quality signings & the top quality youth, Tino, Hall, Miley etc all a year more experienced.

In my 40 yrs as a Newcastle United support, this is by far the most exciting and optimistic time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1D-zQlmlu4

INTERVIEW | Joelinton Signs New Contract with Newcastle United

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)