+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Relegation whose to blame

Relegation whose to blame

So yet again we are relegated after a pathetic performance on the pitch.
    so whose to blame
    1) Taylor and the coaching staff his playing style lack of tactics
    2) the players he brought in I accept maybe his preferred choices didn't want to come but
    players half the team didn't seem to be bothered cafu hugill appiah.
    3) injuries caused by lack of a proper training ground?
    4) the stewarts they run the club as part of their business port folio not currently as a club.
    and the way they have structured the ground and the club as two separate entities. so all the profit gained for hosting the euros went where the stewarts or the club
    the club needs to be more honest with the fans

There is only one answer

Tony Stewart

Whoever it was that decider to recruit Hall, Peltier, Morrison, Ayala, Blackett, Eaves, Hugill and Bramall. All a waste of wages which could have freed up a lot more signings with a younger age to build on. So basically Scott, Warne and Taylor combined to blame for those cross signings.

Quote Originally Posted by millers88 View Post
    Whoever it was that decider to recruit Hall, Peltier, Morrison, Ayala, Blackett, Eaves, Hugill and Bramall. All a waste of wages which could have freed up a lot more signings with a younger age to build on. So basically Scott, Warne and Taylor combined to blame for those cross signings.
    They have gone down the road that Moore(eventually ),Evans and Warne had too…only good thing is now we can move most of this crap out in the summer…

And is that Scott the former HOR and now director of football…🤔..let’s see how that pans out..!.

What would you sooner have , championship football and £10m of debt ? .

Or

Relegation to League One and financially stable ? .

Nowt to do with the apportion of blame but more to do with reality .

Animal's right. This town is not set up to support a Championship side. We don't have the support. Therefore, we built a smaller stadium that we can't even fill for big games.
    Football has moved on. Massive foreign money chasing Premiership places. Many of these clubs will be on the brink of collapse eventually, especially if they go down with us.
    TS has elevated us from division 3-4 yours to division 2-3 yours. Let's be grateful for that.
    I get the blood-letting, but we need to face the reality of our situation.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Or

True as that might be, I don't think it will land well on here at the moment.

It's impossible to really tell who is to 'blame' without seeing what went on behind the scenes to result in the dismantling of the team ethos that allowed the club to stay up last year. My suspicion is that it was primarily down to Taylor who was trying to run before he could work and changed too much too quickly.

I base my view on the dropping of Wood last season. That suggested to me that he didn't understand how the club needed to play to stay up.

Or

Only 10m in debt ? and the rest . Great view of things btw 👍.

Or

Very apt and sensible post. I go with League 1 and financially viable. We might even get some good competitive games now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jocksgloves1 View Post
    Animal's right. This town is not set up to support a Championship side. We don't have the support. Therefore, we built a smaller stadium that we can't even fill for big games.
    Football has moved on. Massive foreign money chasing Premiership places. Many of these clubs will be on the brink of collapse eventually, especially if they go down with us.
    TS has elevated us from division 3-4 yours to division 2-3 yours. Let's be grateful for that.
    I get the blood-letting, but we need to face the reality of our situation.
    I don't think it's that the town isn't set up to support a championship club , Bournemouth isn't set up to support PL football for instance .

Unless you have owners prepared to lose millions of pounds every year and football authorities happy to allow them to do so then that's the reality of the modern game .

I remember the era when we both came up from the old third division in the early 80's and we both had a tremendous season in division two and I don't remember either of us adding too much to the squads we both had back then .

Those days have well and truly gone .

It's come to the point where I'm not much bothered whether we go up to the championship this season or we don't to be honest , always great to be promoted but the prize just sucks in my opinion .

Our club's will always make mistakes , our managers won't always be the best either but the real reality is we simply haven't got owners prepared to lose the kind of money every year just to sustain championship football .

I don't know whether you can count that as a flaw personally , it wouldn't be in almost any other industry but modern day football is a law on to itself .

For all that things can seriously get even worse than relegation from the championship .

Both ourselves and Rotherham are quite capable of dropping even in to the fifth tier , you'd never have imagined Oldham Athletic or Notts County dropping down there but it happened .

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast