+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Harrogate Town [EFL L2] 06.04.24

Quote Originally Posted by Little15 View Post
    Are you allowed to make subs at 4 different points during play? Don't think any were for concussion?
    Half time doesn't count and the sub with Brindley and Scott although technically two different times was during the same break so one window

Quote Originally Posted by OldBanksy View Post
    Maynard could win every game from now till Christmas and a minority would still want him gone.
    I would still have him in a taxi but if he turns it round I'll love him like a brother. Some of us have been in mourning for that glow of November and a really impressive coach in LW. Thats gone now, great to get a good 3-0 at home especially and long may it continue.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Some people once they hang their hat on something they haven’t got the courage to say they could be wrong and long for the day they feel they’ve be proven right.
    Early days for SM though and he has little credit on the bank but there have been quite a few green shoots the last couple of games.
    Any manager that follows a successful one adored by players and fans is usually on a hiding to nothing.
    Well we won't, and he is crap but is going nowhere soon. Put out more flags and polish your rose tinted glasses. In Bros we trust. To paraphrase their hit, they owe us nothing, nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by OldBanksy View Post
    Maynard could win every game from now till Christmas and a minority would still want him gone.
    As if lol

Quote Originally Posted by ajojones View Post
    I would still have him in a taxi but if he turns it round I'll love him like a brother. Some of us have been in mourning for that glow of November and a really impressive coach in LW. Thats gone now, great to get a good 3-0 at home especially and long may it continue.
    To turn it around SM will have to achieve a top 6 finish next season, as he has already blown this one.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Glad I went (it was never really in doubt)...As remarked, a positive atmosphere. I think getting safe but out of the play-offs took the edge out of the crowd - expectations lowered, everyone seemed quite relaxed.

A good win but the scoreline flattered us a bit. It's amazing they didn't draw level when they were on top, but over 90mins they are a poor side, as we knew.
    I thought Crowley was our MoM, Ashby-H would've been if it wasn't for his long-kicking. Nemane and Cameron also had really good games.
    It looks like the 'management team' will be with us for a while
    Attachment 26010
    His kicking could improve but he was man of the match by far. First half he faced two one on ones and saved one with his leg and blocked another. Second half he blocked another from close range, saved a penalty when they were on top then tipped a point blank header over the bar. He also made some good punches from dangerous corners. No contest for mom in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    His kicking could improve but he was man of the match by far. First half he faced two one on ones and saved one with his leg and blocked another. Second half he blocked another from close range, saved a penalty when they were on top then tipped a point blank header over the bar. He also made some good punches from dangerous corners. No contest for mom in my eyes.
    Absolutely he was MOTM. That’s the difference a decent keeper makes…..yes, we played well in parts but we needed a good display from the goalie to take some points away today.

Had we had a decent GK this year how many points would that have saved? LAH has looked decent in his last few games, time to give him the shirt….typical really that he’s the only one that isn’t ours.

Well done LAH
    Mind you he torpedoed my Buildabet
    I had Notts to win, Macca and JJ to score & both teams to score
    Ho hum

We were lucky yesterday. LAH made a great stop in the first half with his feet and 2 more super saves in the 2nd half plus the penalty save. He was defo MOM. Amazingly I find myself having to applaud Cameron for the 3rd successive game. He's stoped falling down embarrassing himself and has done what he's paid to do. Long may it continue as at last he does look like a L2 player.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast