+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    And some cracking day trips as well mon ami, Hull, Preston, Coventry, Stoke, hopefully Huddersfield and possibly Barnsley, maybe even Bolton. You and your grandson are going to have the time of your lives next season mon ami. What's not to like.
    I'm well documented in my love for the Championship mon ami, proper games, no blatant corruption, no VAR and no major rip-offs at the stadiums.

I also have to say it's marvellous watching the unbridled love for the Clarets my grandson has.

Only just seen the goal, it reminded me of Marlon Berisford doing the same with Brian Robson when we were at Middlesbrough. You've got to larf.

I stand corrected. What I should have said is "this was the worst display by an opponent this season".
    I would love to know though who with one minute to go at half-time makes the call for the next play because BOTH gks have made this kind of mistake. If it's not VK then why not ! If it is well nuff said.

Nothing OTT at all Lanky is bang on it.

These Yanks haven't got a bloody clue, and putting all their faith in Kompany is crazy. Kompany as proved this season that he is not the be all and end all.

Next season won't be like our last championship one. Kompany as made to many enemies within the squad with poor man management and recruitment. We have little sellable assets after last summers crazy transfer window, unlike last time, which could put us under the FFP radar in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by ballcock View Post
    Nothing OTT at all Lanky is bang on it.

These Yanks haven't got a bloody clue, and putting all their faith in Kompany is crazy. Kompany as proved this season that he is not the be all and end all.

Next season won't be like our last championship one. Kompany as made to many enemies within the squad with poor man management and recruitment. We have little sellable assets after last summers crazy transfer window, unlike last time, which could put us under the FFP radar in the near future.
    Berge, Odobert, & Muric are worth £50 million with their eyes shut. Pace will do what he has to do.

Name:  Excuses (2).jpg
Views: 128
Size:  34.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    All we do is make mistakes,especially just before half time. Muric the phookin puppet, whats hard about kicking a ball out of your goal area FFS!!!and now O'shea can't even trap a ball and gets sent off 🙄 Sooner this season ends the better. Another depressing Sataurday afternoon 😪
    ROLL ON THE CHAMPIONSHIP.!!
    Nothing hard about kicking the ball out of the penalty area but is that what our gks have been told to do in this situation or is
    it keep possession there's only one minute left. I would love to know.

He could have kicked the ball upfield, Everton could have won the ball on the halfway line, attacked and scored, then we would all have been saying, 'Fecking clown, why didn't he play it short and enable us to keep possession, there was only a minute to go'?

He could have kicked the ball upfield, Everton could have won the ball on the halfway line, attacked and scored, then we would all have been saying, 'Fecking clown, why didn't he play it short and enable us to keep possession, there was only a minute to go'?
    Haha, however, Everton would not have scored in a month of Sundays, even against 10 men.

Heads you win tails you lose mon ami.

However, I must have watched and played in more than 2000 games and I have yet to see anyone score a goal when the ball is in Row "Z".

That's the order from the boss and I do not blame either young Jimmy or our Aro if it goes tits up following a high press.

I know that is a possibility Sinkov but I think the odds are against it. A GK playing out from the back is faced with a dynamic situation, the defenders are trying to get open the attackers are pressing so unless there is an obvious open player the GK has to watch the ball and all that movement going on in front of him. You can see this going on in the highlights. Not surprising then that mistakes are made all over the EPL. A ball played long over the half way line is up for grabs and the defending team has its defence set up to see out the half, row z will do if that's what it takes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)