+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bostock back to his best

... think we've seen the best of Bostock - that was when he used both feet. He appears to have lost confidence in his own ability and no longer trusts himself to use his right foot, so reverts to left foot only. This results in positioning himself, head down, to receive on his left foot, immediately giving the opposition a view of his intent to pass sideways or backwards. He seldom looks up to make a progressive forward pass. A sideways/square pass is a bad pass. If intercepted, it means we are two players out of the game; if the pass completes to its intended recipient, the opposition are given time to tighten up marking of our players.
    The other bad habit, applying to several players, is instead of making an obvious pass with one or two touches, they have to 'appear clever' buy turning in the opposite direction, only to realise the clever pass is not on: then reverting to pass to the player they should have in the first place! It's unprofessional, unintelligent rubbish at best.
    Thank you Mr Bostock. You've been good for us in many games. So cheerio and good luck for the future.

Bostock was quality yesterday, viewed from the opposite end of the pavis to durhampie

Two good wins that coincide with JB in his favoured position.I rest my case.

He played well today no doubt about that.

Ran the show. Best option to play that position by a mile.

There is a reason we fail so badly against the better sides and unfortunately he is part of the reason. Would not renew his contract. We need more versatile options in midfield. Simply not consistent enough, become more injury prone and his legs seem to have gone a bit. Done a good job for Notts overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Observerpie View Post
    I think that he's run his course at Notts as, looking back at his record, it seems that he never stays too long anywhere. Maybe he just a bit of a nomad who likes to keep moving.
    Said when he signed he wanted to settle down in one place and (I think he meant to the end his playing days at Notts). Stated it was not fair on his wife and kids to keep moving as much as has and his wife and kids deserved the security of knowing they will no always be on the move. Great win today.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 14-04-2024 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Fixed quote code error

I have criticised JB for being to slow and negative with his passing since his injury but before that he was excellent. If he is getting back to his pre injury performances then he is a big asset imo.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I have criticised JB for being to slow and negative with his passing since his injury but before that he was excellent. If he is getting back to his pre injury performances then he is a big asset imo.
    He COULD be a big asset if he could find a way to pass forwards instead of his 'safe side to side going nowhere but not losing the ball' style that is easily seen by the enemy as a chance to intercept while we are faffing about. IF we had a player in the style of like wot Don Masson wos, who could receive the ball from Bostock and know what to do with it then it might make sense to play Bostock's game, but we ain't. Or we use him as a midfield sub to help control the game when we are winning but not when we need a goal.

we have just come through a run where we have not turned up and played rubbish , today Walsall did not turn up if you cannot play well in that situation then you may as well not bother. A brilliant win but luck plays a big part something the Directors have been saying about the recent bad run so do not get carried away the same problems are still to be rectified or its not going to be any better next season.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast