+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will Randall

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I was at the training session for sponsors earlier today and Randall looked quite sharp on the training ground. Physically, he’s a bit taller than most of our other options in the wingback positions and will be like a new signing if he can get a pre-season behind him and stay fit - but therein lies the challenge.

Junior Morias was at the subsequent lunch, but didn’t take part in any of the training session. We really do need to move him on in the summer if possible - presumably back to the National League.
    No idea why we signed Morias in the first place!

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    No idea why we signed Morias in the first place!
    i presume Langstaff's ready made replacement !?

If Macca stays and Scott signs I think Morias for his own sanity needs to go as he will be absolutely nowhere near the first team squad.
    I’m still interested if Randall can make an impact, LW seemed to rate him from his past.
    I’m still not totally convinced signing them injured/not fit was a mistake, are any of their subsequent injuries connected to the initial ones? or is it just bad luck?

I think the club need to be a bit more up front about what is or has been wrong with Will Randall and Junior Morias, within reason. There's no shyness about singing their praises and raising/encouraging supporter expectations when they sign for the club, so it's understandable that fans are asking "When will we actually see what they can do?".

At present, they're very much in the "sick note" category, with fans assuming they were either already permanently crocked when they arrived, or just can't be bothered, or just aren't good enough, so I'm not sure how a proper and more detailed explanation could make things any worse.

As matt_magpie says above, if it's the case that they've just been genuinely unlucky with injuries and there's nothing fundamentally wrong with them in terms of basic physicality or talent, then say so, and fans might be more patient with them as they battle to recover match sharpness.

The last update on Morias was that he was dealing with personal/family issues, rather than being injured. Seems a bit unfair to bemoan his injury record if that's still the case. As far as Randall is concerned, I'd like to actually see a bit more of what he can do on the pitch before writing him off.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 13-04-2024 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Junior Morias was at the subsequent lunch, but didn’t take part in any of the training session. We really do need to move him on in the summer if possible - presumably back to the National League.
    Is he still employed as a footballer or just a bloody supporters liaison officer?!!! He really needs to move on for ours and his sakes!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12