+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: So who have we got to face next season?

Who do you think will go up with us next season?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Sold out every game?
    Possibly yes, tickets sold rather than actually being there.

Ground is 12600 capacity

After todays results and the end of the season in League 1, you can now see that 4 other teams that will be playing us next season.

That to me it is a very average looking league to say the least. It all depends who Evo dumps and who he recruits that counts for us.

Revised list:

Stockport
    Wrexham
    Mansfield
    Stevenage
    Leyton Orient
    Northampton
    Wycombe
    Exeter
    Bristol Rovers
    Wigan
    Charlton
    Reading
    Shrewsbury
    Lincoln
    Blackpool
    Cambridge
    Burton
    Last edited by Brin; 27-04-2024 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    After todays results and the end of the season in League 1, you can now see that 4 other teams that will be playing us next season.

That to me it is a very average looking league to say the least. It all depends who Evo dumps and who he recruits that counts for us.

Revised list:

Stockport
    Wrexham
    Mansfield
    Stevenage
    Leyton Orient
    Northampton
    Wycombe
    Exeter
    Bristol Rovers
    Wigan
    Charlton
    Reading
    Shrewsbury
    Lincoln
    Blackpool
    Cambridge
    Burton
    Looks pretty open doesn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Looks pretty open doesn’t it?
    Very.

Revised list:

Stockport
    Wrexham
    Mansfield
    Stevenage
    Leyton Orient
    Northampton
    Wycombe
    Exeter
    Bristol Rovers
    Wigan
    Charlton
    Reading
    Shrewsbury
    Lincoln
    Blackpool
    Cambridge
    Burton

May as well stick Huddersfield on the list. On paper it doesn't look as fierce as previous League 1 fixture lists.Saying it is night and day from The Championship is an under statement. It will be interesting to see how Wrexham go on. Will their current squad reach their ceiling in League 1.I personally think they will so what will the Hollywood guys do then?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    . It will be interesting to see how Wrexham go on. Will their current squad reach their ceiling in League 1.I personally think they will so what will the Hollywood guys do then?
    This season could actually be more difficult than usual to get out of. Wrexham and Stockport have been big spenders in recent seasons and they’ve got momentum from recent successes.

Big clubs in L1 one are there for a reason, usually down to being badly managed on and off the pitch so don’t necessarily perform very well.

This coming season weve got quite a few well run, well funded clubs who are set up for success to compete with

Who would we want to get rid of/or keep in the play offs etc..?…I think Bolton wil be pretty strong again next season so get them up out of way…keep Barnsley down for the local aspect..

In the same respect donkey rovers to come up again for local aspect,not too guided it it’s Crewe…but certainly don’t want Crawley and certainly mk dons…

I don't agree with the play offs at all. It just raises expectations further, more money spent, and the total unfairness of a club finishing sixth some 10 points or so behind the team who finished third, only to beat them at Wembley in the play off final to gain promotion. It's all about the FA blood sucking more cash out of the common fan and dashing hopes of a team who finished third well above the rest in 4th, 5th and 6th.

Same applies to League 2. Three should drop and three should come in, trouble is most non league clubs don't meet the required specs for their grounds etc. I say three up three down ALL leagues with no play offs.
    Agree with you Brin. As a Leeds fan I am fearful for us in the play offs. We seem to have imploded lately and bottled it but we’re light years ahead in points over 6th place.

I would not bet our house on us getting promoted via the POs and it won’t be a great day out at Wembley if we get there. Nerves on edge, tension unbelievable and definitely heart attack territory. Just money grabbin for those in power.

Good luck next season. Don’t mind Evo, think he’s just what your club needs at this moment in time. He’ll reignite the 12th man no doubt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post
    Agree with you Brin. As a Leeds fan I am fearful for us in the play offs. We seem to have imploded lately and bottled it but we’re light years ahead in points over 6th place.

I would not bet our house on us getting promoted via the POs and it won’t be a great day out at Wembley if we get there. Nerves on edge, tension unbelievable and definitely heart attack territory. Just money grabbin for those in power.

Good luck next season. Don’t mind Evo, think he’s just what your club needs at this moment in time. He’ll reignite the 12th man no doubt about it.
    Cheers for that pal. Hold tight you never know. Ipswich might have a bad wobble at Coventry Weds night then it’s all on the last game.

Yes Ipswich have Huddersfield at home but they are scrapping to stay up and more difficult, Leeds have Southampton but, I can’t see the Saints risking any injuries with the play offs to get through so they may field a weakened team.

We have Evo back in charge so hopefully we have a more productive time next season.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast