+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So who have we got to face next season?

So who have we got to face next season?

Only Northampton so far.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Only Northampton so far.
    Fair point pal. It's too tight to call looking at League 1 at the mo. Looks very tight so a free for all as they say.

Exeter City

Just shows how much playoffs keep the season going longer..can’t imagine the old 3 up 3 down set up now..!.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Just shows how much playoffs keep the season going longer..can’t imagine the old 3 up 3 down set up now..!.
    I don't agree with the play offs at all. It just raises expectations further, more money spent, and the total unfairness of a club finishing sixth some 10 points or so behind the team who finished third, only to beat them at Wembley in the play off final to gain promotion. It's all about the FA blood sucking more cash out of the common fan and dashing hopes of a team who finished third well above the rest in 4th, 5th and 6th.

Same applies to League 2. Three should drop and three should come in, trouble is most non league clubs don't meet the required specs for their grounds etc. I say three up three down ALL leagues with no play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I don't agree with the play offs at all. It just raises expectations further, more money spent, and the total unfairness of a club finishing sixth some 10 points or so behind the team who finished third, only to beat them at Wembley in the play off final to gain promotion. It's all about the FA blood sucking more cash out of the common fan and dashing hopes of a team who finished third well above the rest in 4th, 5th and 6th.

Same applies to League 2. Three should drop and three should come in, trouble is most non league clubs don't meet the required specs for their grounds etc. I say three up three down ALL leagues with no play offs.
    Fair points and lot of people sit on either side of the fence on this,but would you have made your donny rovers post if that was case…?..

Actually what’s worse than the current play offs system,remember the relegation play offs,where one team from near bottom went into playoffs with 3 teams from the division lower,I think we was one of the first in them,,when we lost too Swansea over two legs and went down,imagine going down in a play off..?..it was very a much a false hope.think they still do that in Scotland…we scrapped it quickly as none of the relegation teams ever survived..

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Fair points and lot of people sit on either side of the fence on this,but would you have made your donny rovers post if that was case…?..

Actually what’s worse than the current play offs system,remember the relegation play offs,where one team from near bottom went into playoffs with 3 teams from the division lower,I think we was one of the first in them,,when we lost too Swansea over two legs and went down,imagine going down in a play off..?..it was very a much a false hope.think they still do that in Scotland…we scrapped it quickly as none of the relegation teams ever survived..
    Reflecting on my Donny post pal, I think the only realistic way of us meeting next season, was if they got through via the play offs. Genuinely, no I don't like them and I suppose I can't have my cake and eat it

I guess Stockport County could be added to the list because if they don't get promoted from their current position I'll show Brin's arse in the Co-op window

With respect to the play offs, without them The Championship promotion picture/season would be already over for everyone apart from Leicester, Leeds, Ipswich and Southampton. There are roughly 20 teams across the EFL whose seasons are still alive due to playoff aspirations. Without that and with 3-4 weeks of the season still to go more than 50% of the 36 EFL games this weekend and beyond would be meaningless.

It's odd.

I suspect it will be Pompey, Derby and Bolton to go up.

Then when you read the list of the championship clubs, it "feels" right - club size vs league etc.

League one, with us in it also looks about right for the first time in a decade. There's no big fish in the league, save for maybe Charlton.

But then when I see us going to places like Stockport, Wrexham, Lincoln, Mansfield etc. It does feel like we've dropped a fair bit.

League one next season will be quite level and I think quite tight.

With sensible recruitment and a good squad identity we'll be up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    It's odd.

I suspect it will be Pompey, Derby and Bolton to go up.

Then when you read the list of the championship clubs, it "feels" right - club size vs league etc.

League one, with us in it also looks about right for the first time in a decade. There's no big fish in the league, save for maybe Charlton.

But then when I see us going to places like Stockport, Wrexham, Lincoln, Mansfield etc. It does feel like we've dropped a fair bit.

League one next season will be quite level and I think quite tight.

With sensible recruitment and a good squad identity we'll be up there.
    Don’t forget there might be two big clubs going south with us though
    Brum Swfc and to a lesser extent hudds

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast