+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Half past 4

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Why is it silly.

St m are very catchable especially as we play them at Dens.....if we make top 6.

And if we make top 6 we will either be 3 pts or 1 PT behind them going into final 5.

Getting top 6 is the hard bit, catching the buddies is simpler in my book.

Top 6 odds

Dee 1/4
    Hibs 7/2
    Well 12/1

Now I think that's wrong but bookies don't get much wrong.
    My fault choosing the word silly when describing what I thought has been Deeranged's attitude. Let's
    not get hung up on a mistake.

Think the bookies are Dabs. They know that the surest way to ensure we fail has been to make us favourites to achieve whatever!

We seem to have a team and a manager and fans that are together. Quibbles about game management when we lose when we are ahead is understandable but not unexpected. We still got a result that keeps top 6 as a possibility.

Glad the Rangers got something out of their match today. Heaven help us if they had lost!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    My fault choosing the word silly when describing what I thought has been Deeranged's attitude. Let's
    not get hung up on a mistake.

Think the bookies are Dabs. They know that the surest way to ensure we fail has been to make us favourites to achieve whatever!

We seem to have a team and a manager and fans that are together. Quibbles about game management when we lose when we are ahead is understandable but not unexpected. We still got a result that keeps top 6 as a possibility.

Glad the Rangers got something out of their match today. Heaven help us if they had lost!!!
    Our supporters have zero ambition and little imagination.

Honestly think some are more content with mediocrity or going for the championship title

Same with Scottish cup and league cup, I often wonder why they support at all.

Dare to dream and get a sense of entitlement is what I'd like Dundee fans to be.

Why is it silly.

St m are very catchable especially as we play them at Dens.....if we make top 6.

And if we make top 6 we will either be 3 pts or 1 PT behind them going into final 5.

Getting top 6 is the hard bit, catching the buddies is simpler in my book.

Top 6 odds

Dee 1/4
    Hibs 7/2
    Well 12/1

Now I think that's wrong but bookies don't get much wrong.
    Building hope and expectation as a Dundee supporter has always been silly in my time.

Not concerned with bookie odds to be fair, more concerned with what I see as reality and my reality is I don't think we're going to take enough points from Rangers or Aberdeen to assure top six - as you say that's the hard bit. I hope I'm wrong and we make it.

If we get top six talk of Europe will be less silly but, and it's only my opinion, to discuss step two before step one is achieved is just a bit silly. I'm sure Islay would have an old saying for it - never put the cart before the horse or something like that.

Our supporters have zero ambition and little imagination.

Honestly think some are more content with mediocrity or going for the championship title

Same with Scottish cup and league cup, I often wonder why they support at all.

Dare to dream and get a sense of entitlement is what I'd like Dundee fans to be.
    Agree.

In defence of our fans we have had over the years.
    2 administrations
    Numerous crazy owners
    Selling of players for peanuts
    Up and down leagues mainly due to above.
    Sub standard facilities(no a massive one but could be better imo)
    Also no the easiest watching teams like utd,farmers,ICT etc have trophy wins.
    I get the support no great at times but a wee reality check on what the club have gave the fans back and mibbe no as unexpected as some think.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    In defence of our fans we have had over the years.
    2 administrations
    Numerous crazy owners
    Selling of players for peanuts
    Up and down leagues mainly due to above.
    Sub standard facilities(no a massive one but could be better imo)
    Also no the easiest watching teams like utd,farmers,ICT etc have trophy wins.
    I get the support no great at times but a wee reality check on what the club have gave the fans back and mibbe no as unexpected as some think.
    And now treated with absolute disdain by the current owners.

Our fans are some of the worst.

Sick of blaming everything on admin.....it was a lifetime ago

Think you don't need to provoke a response to keep the conversation going. Possible to argue that our fans are some of the best. 2 admins, eccentric owners and a current CEO who does not seem to think the way we do.

That's the beauty of these forums,we all have different opinions.
    I doubt our fans vary that much in comparison with most.
    No much atmosphere at many games that I see.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Think you don't need to provoke a response to keep the conversation going. Possible to argue that our fans are some of the best. 2 admins, eccentric owners and a current CEO who does not seem to think the way we do.
    B cram you should know by now I'll say whatever I want, provoke a response all I want.....if that's what you think I'm doing.

If you don't want debate stick to Pravda where you will be policed to death.

And having read about 100 pages on the subject of admin 2 that most fans will never see I believe it wasn't "the fans" that saved the club, they contributed but it was saved by competent and savvy people and a few large anonymous donations.

The fans job is to support the team on the park, I don't think we do that very well.....certainly we cud do it far better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)