+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Half past 4

Half past 4

It was all on.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    It was all on.
    It has never been easy being a Dundee FC supporter and this afternoon once again proved it.
    Another three points thrown away from a winning position.

It was aff.
    Annoying but hard to be to critical as it's been a decent season up till now.
    Sore one but canna be defending like that.

I still say top six was a bit ambitious in the first season back - was about consolidation. It's a good achievement for this squad and manager to be comfortable at this stage of the season, and top six is still possible of course, but for fans to be talking European qualification was always just a bit nuts for me - would've taken it of course but really not disappointed with where we are and how this season's gone.

We'll lose to Rangers on Wednesday and either draw with, or lose to, Aberdeen next Saturday. Will be in Motherwell and Hibs' hands who will pip us to it; possibly on goal difference.

Totally crumbled last 20 minutes. Mellon looked lost when he came on.

Still get top 6.....I meant I was off on a Michael Pallin round Europe 🌍

Think being satisfied is the surest way to fail. Agree with Deeranged that at the start of the season top 6 was silly, however, we should still be looking to keep our top 6 position by beating Aberdeen. I think they are fed up of their season and expect major changes in personnel. We, the players the manager and the fans want more. You just have to read TDF to see how disappointed many supporters were with the loss to Motherwell.
    Keep the dream alive, seems to me to be the best approach. Get behind all our players and the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Think being satisfied is the surest way to fail. Agree with Deeranged that at the start of the season top 6 was silly, however, we should still be looking to keep our top 6 position by beating Aberdeen. I think they are fed up of their season and expect major changes in personnel. We, the players the manager and the fans want more. You just have to read TDF to see how disappointed many supporters were with the loss to Motherwell.
    Keep the dream alive, seems to me to be the best approach. Get behind all our players and the manager.
    Didn't say top six was silly, given how we've performed generally and where we are it obviously isn't. Talk of Europe is what I would say was a bit silly, building such ambitious expectations only results in disappointment when you're a Dundee fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Didn't say top six was silly, given how we've performed generally and where we are it obviously isn't. Talk of Europe is what I would say was a bit silly, building such ambitious expectations only results in disappointment when you're a Dundee fan.
    Why is it silly.

St m are very catchable especially as we play them at Dens.....if we make top 6.

And if we make top 6 we will either be 3 pts or 1 PT behind them going into final 5.

Getting top 6 is the hard bit, catching the buddies is simpler in my book.

Top 6 odds

Dee 1/4
    Hibs 7/2
    Well 12/1

Now I think that's wrong but bookies don't get much wrong.

Just for comparison the dabs ( who are almost home and hosed ) are 1/5 to win the league........Dundee finish top 6 there's nothing silly about the £sssss on offer from uefa

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)