+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Will JJ & Macca be with us next season ?

Can't see Macca staying, JJ might stay now if he is settled with his family life etc.

I reckon most players benefit from a move afyer a couple of years because it gives them fresh impetus, a clean sheet and a mental boost. Just like clubs get the same bumy signing new players.

I don’t think it can be called one way or another at the moment. I very much doubt either player would express a desire to leave with the season not over.
    I would say for the club and the players it purely depends on the offers that come in.
    I think Macca could have convinced one of the bigger Championship clubs in the first half of the season but I’m not so sure now.

Can't know for sure of course but I suspect we'll "lose" a few top players at the end of the season, in exchange for a fair bit of cash.

They'll be replaced with more up-and-comers with potential... that's the model. Hopefully it brings us closer to break-even point, which is ***** for the club's long term stability.

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    Can't know for sure of course but I suspect we'll "lose" a few top players at the end of the season, in exchange for a fair bit of cash.

They'll be replaced with more up-and-comers with potential... that's the model. Hopefully it brings us closer to break-even point, which is ***** for the club's long term stability.
    You have to speculate to accumulate if you're to make money though. Breaking even and finishing mid table year after year is a great way to lose fans and money. You have to show ambition but without stretching the finances too much but still stretch them to the limits. Promotion through the leaguesis surely the aim for any owner or what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    You have to speculate to accumulate if you're to make money though. Breaking even and finishing mid table year after year is a great way to lose fans and money. You have to show ambition but without stretching the finances too much but still stretch them to the limits. Promotion through the leagues is surely the aim for any owner or what's the point?
    Yeah I'm sure that's their aim, although they've clearly stated they want to climb sustainably. I suspect they believe they can fully break even in either league one or the championship, perhaps even L2 if the new CEO can rack up enough income from things other than football tickets.

I don't think they will aim for mid table next season - in their shoes I'd aim for a playoff spot at least, but if you don't make it, that can't be a terminal disaster. i.e. you can't just spend your way into the next league because no amount of expenditure actually guarantees promotion, and the more you spend above revenues the more trouble you put the club in.

They bought Macca for a few tens of grand (I don't recall the actual rumoured amount, was it 50k?) and if they can sell him for a couple hundred at the close of this season that's a huge profit. In the meantime he's been absolute goal machine for us. I believe that's the shape of their long term plan, and Jatta's their latest hopeful, for example.

Regarding making money you would never in a million years buy a football team to do that. Gotta be up there with the worst investment ideas of all time. You certainly wouldn't buy one that at the time was making 3 million pounds loss per season. They aren't in this for profit. It's an experiment of sorts - they have said they want to find a sustainable place for notts, and that was music to my ears.

I think Macca will be, he’s done great this season but his record against the better clubs hasn’t been fantastic and I’m not sure anyone will be willing to come up with the price we’d accept.

JJ will almost certainly go imo, I really hope we get a good offer for him cos he’s certainly earned a few years injury free at a better level.

I reckon there’ll be interest in Crowley and Nemane as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post

Regarding making money you would never in a million years buy a football team to do that. Gotta be up there with the worst investment ideas of all time. You certainly wouldn't buy one that at the time was making 3 million pounds loss per season. They aren't in this for profit. It's an experiment of sorts - they have said they want to find a sustainable place for notts, and that was music to my ears.
    Yes, the old famous saying: "How do you become a millionaire owning a football club?"

Start with a billion

I think JJ will go as he’s top end of L1 at least and I just get the feeling he wants to push on and with one year left we will have to cash in. I imagine he asked for 2 years rather than us offering it. I think Macca stays unless we get a silly offer which I cant see.

I would be surprised if either player leaves, they could only step up to EFL1 not good enough for the Championship In my opinion but at least if they do leave we will get a transfer fee as their both under contract unlike Wootton and Rodrigues who were poached when their contact expired and left on free transfers.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast