+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Will JJ & Macca be with us next season ?

Will JJ & Macca be with us next season ?

In my humble opinion both JJ & Macca will be with us next season.my reasons are as follows 1) both players are under contract for next season.2) The club is under no financial pressure to sell any player 3) I have heard nothing to suggest that they have requested a transfer. With regards to Macca he was very happy to sign an extend contract and stated he was happy to do so. Before JJ signed for Notts he was in a very dark place. Due to 3 serious injuries one after another and had not played for a long time. After he finally recovered he was not in Oxford's first team and was being ignored by Oxford's management. He was over the moon when L W showed faith in him and signed him for Notts. I could be completely wrong and Notts get an offers from other clubs which leave no financial reason to reject.COY

Quote Originally Posted by midshipman View Post
    In my humble opinion both JJ & Macca will be with us next season.my reasons are as follows 1) both players are under contract for next season.2) The club is under no financial pressure to sell any player 3) I have heard nothing to suggest that they have requested a transfer. With regards to Macca he was very happy to sign an extend contract and stated he was happy to do so. Before JJ signed for Notts he was in a very dark place. Due to 3 serious injuries one after another and had not played for a long time. After he finally recovered he was not in Oxford's first team and was being ignored by Oxford's management. He was over the moon when L W showed faith in him and signed him for Notts. I could be completely wrong and Notts get an offers from other clubs which leave no financial reason to reject.COY
    While I agree with your reasons given, I can imagine Macca's new contract contains a release clause so we'd be left with no choice but to see, hopefully we've set it high enough to either put teams off or get a good enough fee for him if it is activated.

Dan Crowley is another one to worry about this summer, there'll be a lot of clubs sniffing around him.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 07-04-2024 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    While I agree with your reasons given, I can imagine Macca's new contract contains a release clause so we'd be left with no choice but to see, hopefully we've set it high enough to either put teams off or get a good enough fee for him if it is activated.

Dan Crowley is another one to worry about this summer, they'll be a lot of clubs sniffing around him.
    Possible but not likely
    In regards to being under contract - Its a world where money talks- so if a club higher up wants them enough and can pay the coins they are gone.

I cannot see Macca leaving as he is no better than L1 level and is under contract. There are few if any clubs in L1 that will have the funds to activate a release clause maybe Wrexham if they go up.

Jones will attract a lot of interest and due to the injuries in his career will want to achieve as much as soon as he can. I cannot see him with us beyond this season but we will see. I think lower champ clubs would take a punt on him.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I cannot see Macca leaving as he is no better than L1 level and is under contract. There are few if any clubs in L1 that will have the funds to activate a release clause maybe Wrexham if they go up.

Jones will attract a lot of interest and due to the injuries in his career will want to achieve as much as soon as he can. I cannot see him with us beyond this season but we will see. I think lower champ clubs would take a punt on him.
    Macca, JJ and Crowley will all be gone in the summer. The club will take the money, and I think missing out on promotion this season will be the deciding factor for all parties. At least one, maybe two, will end up at Swansea.

Macca yes, Jones no.

Quote Originally Posted by Putney Pie View Post
    Macca, JJ and Crowley will all be gone in the summer. The club will take the money, and I think missing out on promotion this season will be the deciding factor for all parties. At least one, maybe two, will end up at Swansea.
    Where did you purchase your crystal ball laddo?

Macca I can see being sold to bolster our defence and surely he has ambition to play higher. Jones will possibly stay unless Coventry come in for him. As he once stated he liked being close to home and I'd imagine with a new born he'll not want to move unless it's even closer to home. I can also see Crowley moving on as well especially is Bostock doesn't get a new contract.

I'd like us to keep all 3 but it's highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Macca I can see being sold to bolster our defence and surely he has ambition to play higher. Jones will possibly stay unless Coventry come in for him. As he once stated he liked being close to home and I'd imagine with a new born he'll not want to move unless it's even closer to home. I can also see Crowley moving on as well especially is Bostock doesn't get a new contract.

I'd like us to keep all 3 but it's highly unlikely.
    I don't think is as unlikely as we may all believe,Macca could be the MOST likely but Jones, Crowley, Palmer alongside Macari & Robertson would be part of the force that would be our midfield/defence for the 24/25 season,3 decent additions in those areas, no need for a goalie, Brooks will be ready for the shirt, stone as backup, Scott up front wth Jatta.

I'm sure that whoever leaves, there will be a suitable replacements lined up. Dont be surprised if we were to sign another Gambian player..

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast