Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
He's scored 109 in the last 3 seasons going up a level each time. I would love to see him at Notts next year but you have to imagine there will be offers that cannot be refused either because he has a release clause or the money on offer is too good to turn down.

As for Jodi, I imagine there will be interest too but what sort of fee would Notts command for him? I would look to offer him a new contract and if he turns it down then take the money this season as opposed to him going for free next summer.

How long did Crowley sign for? If he has a year left I would offer a new contract this summer.
Like Jones, Crowley has one year left on his contract. It would be bad business to let them leave for nothing at the end of next season, so it will be interesting to see what happens this summer.

Length of contract is a tough call, but we seem to have got too many wrong recently. Hindsight suggests Morias’ three-year contract was a very poor decision, ditto the heart-over-head two-year deals with Rawlinson, Chicksen and Slocombe. We really need to shift some players out this summer if we want to address the squad’s fundamental weaknesses.