+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Will JJ & Macca be with us next season ?

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Don’t know if the price tag will be an issue or not, I think if someone offers 750k he could be gone, remember that 300k was in the NL so spending upwards of 750k in L1 is believable.
    As you say I can’t see how it would work with Mullin though who’s still a good age and will score plenty in L1.
    They not even cough up the dough to built their Kop end without tax payers money. Can you see Macca playing Parky ball on their ploughed field?

If a club offers the right amount of money, I don't mind us cashing in, but it has to be worth losing 20-30 goals a season and a club talisman. I don't really care who we sell to. The only clubs I would outright say 'no' to are Forest, Mansfield, or any club in our own division. If Wrexham are interested, we could probably up the price a bit.

I think it's just a rumour though. As others have said, I'm not sure why you'd break your transfer record to sign a striker when you already have Paul Mullin playing that role. Parkinson likes to play with a big guy up top, and Macca isn't big.

Why would he go to Wrexham to play second fiddle to Mullins & Palmer.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Why would he go to Wrexham to play second fiddle to Mullins & Palmer.
    Doubt they'll be starting Palmer next season, but I agree with your point.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    They not even cough up the dough to built their Kop end without tax payers money. Can you see Macca playing Parky ball on their ploughed field?
    I'm intrigued, if not fascinated by your use of 'ParkyBall' as a negative just days after he's secured back to back promotions.

But yeah, I'm sure Langstaff would absolutely despise winning football.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Don’t know if the price tag will be an issue or not, I think if someone offers 750k he could be gone, remember that 300k was in the NL so spending upwards of 750k in L1 is believable.
    As you say I can’t see how it would work with Mullin though who’s still a good age and will score plenty in L1.
    Ipswich paid just over £1 million upfront for Al-Hamadi in January, but with him being 5 years younger than Macca; I cant see us getting anymore than that.

Quote Originally Posted by BenFostersGloves View Post
    I'm intrigued, if not fascinated by your use of 'ParkyBall' as a negative just days after he's secured back to back promotions.

I doubt he wants to play in a backward foreign country.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    Ipswich paid just over £1 million upfront for Al-Hamadi in January, but with him being 5 years younger than Macca; I cant see us getting anymore than that.
    Yeah I was taking his age into account but that said he appears to look after himself. Someone may pay more as getting a goalscorer isn’t easy. Palmer won’t play much next season but it’s hard to see how he would partner Mullin.

I didn't say it wasn't successful, but Parkys style wouldn't suit Macca at all. Horses for courses as they say.

Why are you on here, is your life really that sad and empty or have you been shunned by ‘your own’ ?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast