+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The new norm-dont blame anybody for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I watched virtually every Dyche managed match for five full seasons home & away.

On numerous occasions we could hardly fill the bench but you just knew after 90 minutes you would have watched 100% effort and probably still be in the game.

I can say with my hand firmly on my heart in all of the games I watched with SD in charge we never, ever managed to serve up the dross we did today.

A couple sat next me said "not a cat in hell's chance are they renewing their season tickets", three others all said the same.

It's grim up north. I actually felt for the couple of thousand of Brighton fans who are making the long journey home tonight. Awful.
    Short memories BT - you’ve forgotten the dross that we we were served.

Interestingly we should go back and read the posts say from the middle of the relegation season

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Short memories BT - you’ve forgotten the dross that we we were served.

Interestingly we should go back and read the posts say from the middle of the relegation season
    It was dross alright Army and painful to watch but he invariably succeeded in his remit.That is why he should have been given the luxury of some dosh to throw at it.Question is what is more painful to watch-SD or the current clown show we are serving up in the PL.My view is neither.
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 14-04-2024 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    But he largely inherited a squad at Everton.They were not his players.To my knowledge he has never been given a wedge to spend their either.
    Not only that, they shipped Anthony Gordon out just before he arrived, and there was no money or time for him to sign a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Not only that, they shipped Anthony Gordon out just before he arrived, and there was no money or time for him to sign a replacement.
    Forgot about that Sinkov.So he actually inherited a expensively assembled crap squad without its only star player.I bet he thinks he is jynxed.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Forgot about that Sinkov.So he actually inherited a expensively assembled crap squad without its only star player.I bet he thinks he is jynxed.
    I wish I was jinxed with his bank account CiB, he has his head screwed on has Sean, I'll bet he looks after his money.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)