+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The new norm-dont blame anybody for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    You can guarantee it on here mate, if you stick your neck out something or someone will come along and bite you right on the arse!
    As me and you both know mon ami.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    As me and you both know mon ami.
    We may not yet have entered the realm of fines on here or two match bans for posting but certainly arses have been bitten if not yet displayed in Burton’s shop window.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    We may not yet have entered the realm of fines on here or two match bans for posting but certainly arses have been bitten if not yet displayed in Burton’s shop window.
    It's all bollox sir outwood.

"When he first came he was dire - the football was poor and we managed to survive relegation- after that he improved results wise anyway - as you say technically two relegations really."

That is simply not the case army, when he arrived we had the worst defensive record in the League, Eddie had lost interest and we were shipping goals for fun. Dyche stopped the rot the minute he walked through the door and in his first two games against Wolves and Leeds we didn't concede a single goal, by the end of the season we had the 2nd best defensive record in the League. He did a superb job, he arrived at a club in freefall and turned it round overnight.

At the start of his first full season I remember us playing Sparta Rotterdam in a pre-season friendly, with David Jones replacing Chris McCann in midfield, we footballed them off the park, Scotty Arfield was added to the squad, Ingsy/Vokesy scored 41 goals between them and we pissed out of the Championship 8 points clear of Derby and 3rd top scorers in the League.

This idea that Dyche can only do defence is bollox, it's a rewriting of history. And he did it all again two years later when we were back in the Championship. Andre Gray this time, top scorer in the league by some distance and the Clarets joint top scorers. Not bad for a manager who, allegedly, only knows how to park the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "When he first came he was dire - the football was poor and we managed to survive relegation- after that he improved results wise anyway - as you say technically two relegations really."

That is simply not the case army, when he arrived we had the worst defensive record in the League, Eddie had lost interest and we were shipping goals for fun. Dyche stopped the rot the minute he walked through the door and in his first two games against Wolves and Leeds we didn't concede a single goal, by the end of the season we had the 2nd best defensive record in the League. He did a superb job, he arrived at a club in freefall and turned it round overnight.

At the start of his first full season I remember us playing Sparta Rotterdam in a pre-season friendly, with David Jones replacing Chris McCann in midfield, we footballed them off the park, Scotty Arfield was added to the squad, Ingsy/Vokesy scored 41 goals between them and we pissed out of the Championship 8 points clear of Derby and 3rd top scorers in the League.

This idea that Dyche can only do defence is bollox, it's a rewriting of history. And he did it all again two years later when we were back in the Championship. Andre Gray this time, top scorer in the league by some distance and the Clarets joint top scorers. Not bad for a manager who, allegedly, only knows how to park the bus.
    When he came Sinkov he did what he’s good at as you say - he stopped the rot - that didn’t mean it was entertaining to watch - when we got the Ings vokes partnership we played good football , and the next time we got promoted your right it was entertaining- but the Premiership years went sadly down hill for me.

I never come on and slate Dyche I always say / thank him for his services to Burnley.

I still can’t get away from the fact that it was un inspiring for seasons - a lot of travelling home and talking our defensive accolades and that the other team have the ball all the time.

As I’ve posted before Sinkov a decent fella and decent manager - who was a hand and glove fit for Burnley at the time - I think it just ran its course.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    When he came Sinkov he did what he’s good at as you say - he stopped the rot - that didn’t mean it was entertaining to watch - when we got the Ings vokes partnership we played good football , and the next time we got promoted your right it was entertaining- but the Premiership years went sadly down hill for me.

I never come on and slate Dyche I always say / thank him for his services to Burnley.

I still can’t get away from the fact that it was un inspiring for seasons - a lot of travelling home and talking our defensive accolades and that the other team have the ball all the time.

As I’ve posted before Sinkov a decent fella and decent manager - who was a hand and glove fit for Burnley at the time - I think it just ran its course.
    He was never given £100m to spend though Army so we will never know whether the dire football we played was simply down to SD fulfilling his remit with the squad available-i.e.keeping us in the PL.I remember exciting football in the Championship with SD and all on a shoestring even by Championship standards.
    The thing is VK could be another Pep but never at a club on our budget.Pep,Arteta or Klopp could never achieve the success they have without a spend of at least £500m on players and then with a wage bill to match.
    The fact that SD kept us in that league and now and again gave those clubs a bitch slap was nothing short of a miracle when you think what he was given to spend.ironicaly even now his hands are tied at a massive club like Everton-the club recognised that he was the man to keep them in the PL on a shoestring until they dig themselves out of the FFP hole.Good luck to them but even now we have not seen what Dyche can do in the PL with a half decent budget.He should have been given that chance at BFC after everything he did for the club.

I watched virtually every Dyche managed match for five full seasons home & away.

On numerous occasions we could hardly fill the bench but you just knew after 90 minutes you would have watched 100% effort and probably still be in the game.

I can say with my hand firmly on my heart in all of the games I watched with SD in charge we never, ever managed to serve up the dross we did today.

A couple sat next me said "not a cat in hell's chance are they renewing their season tickets", three others all said the same.

It's grim up north. I actually felt for the couple of thousand of Brighton fans who are making the long journey home tonight. Awful.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    He was never given £100m to spend though Army so we will never know whether the dire football we played was simply down to SD fulfilling his remit with the squad available-i.e.keeping us in the PL.I remember exciting football in the Championship with SD and all on a shoestring even by Championship standards.
    The thing is VK could be another Pep but never at a club on our budget.Pep,Arteta or Klopp could never achieve the success they have without a spend of at least £500m on players and then with a wage bill to match.
    The fact that SD kept us in that league and now and again gave those clubs a bitch slap was nothing short of a miracle when you think what he was given to spend.ironicaly even now his hands are tied at a massive club like Everton-the club recognised that he was the man to keep them in the PL on a shoestring until they dig themselves out of the FFP hole.Good luck to them but even now we have not seen what Dyche can do in the PL with a half decent budget.He should have been given that chance at BFC after everything he did for the club.
    What did he get at Everton then ?

That’s not right as he does have the squad you’re talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    What did he get at Everton then ?

That’s not right as he does have the squad you’re talking about.
    But he largely inherited a squad at Everton.They were not his players.To my knowledge he has never been given a wedge to spend their either.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    But he largely inherited a squad at Everton.They were not his players.To my knowledge he has never been given a wedge to spend their either.
    Regardless CIB he has a very good squad of players- as I said before the cost / money is irrelevant- he has the embarrassment of riches available to
    Him.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)