+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Wanderers v Rams

We never fail to disappoint and always seem to make it hard for ourselves. Oh well, not catastrophic, but pressure back on at the weekend…a win is crucial as, I suspect, will be a maximum return from our remaining games.

2 points from last 3 away games ain't promo form! This leagues crap, we're crap!
    Mini rant over, let's look on the bright side................ I'm still looking!!
    I reckon OTR got it right, 4th and the play offs. I'll add a codicil, we don't win the play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    he missed a sitter and certainly didn't perform. Not sure how he can back to Charlton? Derby have signed him permanently, the initial loan is just to avoid paying the transfer fee in current years accounts.
    I meant give him back. I’m aware that in any sport (or business) situation there’s a mix of people who hit the ground running and those who are slower burners. I’m sure we recruited CBT as the former and it ain’t happened. Is his heart still at The Valley?

Tbf there have been times when both we and CBT have looked something like the real deal…most recently and notably away at Portsmouth when the match looked like a proper battle between the two top teams and CBT was outstanding for the first hour.

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, he seems unable to perform for more than 50-60 minutes and, like it or not, we are now paying the price for the poor start we made to the season - 11th after the first two plus months - and our failure to turn dominance into points against the likes of Wycombe (twice), Reading, Shrewsbury, Cheltenham and Northampton.

Still hopeful that we’ve got enough to get maximum points from the remaining three matches but, like others, I fear we lack the ‘bottle’ to go up via the play offs.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 11-04-2024 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    2 points from last 3 away games ain't promo form! This leagues crap, we're crap!
    Mini rant over, let's look on the bright side................ I'm still looking!!
    I reckon OTR got it right, 4th and the play offs. I'll add a codicil, we don't win the play offs.
    The 'bright side'....... we've still got a club🤣🤣👍👍 I think I'll drink to that🍻🍻🍺🍺🍷🍷🍷

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Tbf there have been times when both we and CBT have looked something like the real deal…most recently and notably away at Portsmouth when the match looked like a proper battle between the two top teams and CBT was outstanding for the first hour.

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, he seems unable to perform for more than 50-60 minutes and, like it or not, we are now paying the price for the poor start we made to the season - 11th after the first two plus months - and our failure to turn dominance into points against the likes of Wycombe (twice), Reading, Shrewsbury, Cheltenham and Northampton.

Still hopeful that we’ve got enough to get maximum points from the remaining three matches but, like others, I fear we lack the ‘bottle’ to go up via the play offs.
    I rather think we are paying the price (if indeed we are paying a price) of Mel Morris ****ing up the finances and putting the club into administration!

I realise its partly frustration that prompts such remarks, but I do chuckle when with the benefit of hindsight, particular games which were lost or drawn earlier in the season are "the reason" for failing to gain promotion. Yes mathematically on paper that is undeniably true, however, as we all know football is played on grass not paper and the players are human, not cyphers in a video game.

Absolutely no recognition that injuries, the time it takes for players to form a cohesive unit within a team, the performance of other teams and a myriad of other factors that all play a part. Identifying one or two factors definitively just demonstrates how some fans have unrealistic expectations that are based on fantasy rather than a logical understanding of where Derby started from in all this.

Should Derby fail to get promotion (I actually think we will do it) I fully expect the moans from entitled fans demanding that Warne be sacked.

The saving grace is that we have an owner who has a plan, has not made any rash promises to fans, other than the club will run within its means and has no intention of shovelling more cash than is required to achieve that plan, no matter what the keyboard warriors who have never managed or funded a football club demand. We have witnessed what happens in that scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    The 'bright side'....... we've still got a club�������� I think I'll drink to that��������������
    Keep the faith, I suspect most of us thought it would be a white knuckle ride to the end and the very fact that we are challenging for promotion in the 2nd season after exiting administration is something to celebrate. I think we will do it myself.

Keep the faith, I suspect most of us thought it would be a white knuckle ride to the end and the very fact that we are challenging for promotion in the 2nd season after exiting administration is something to celebrate. I think we will do it myself.
    Never had you down as a "soulie" Swale.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Never had you down as a "soulie" Swale.
    I have a very eclectic taste in music and there is some soul in there (not much mind).

I have a very eclectic taste in music and there is some soul in there (not much mind).
    I thought your soul had been ripped out and that you were more of a Dementor 😄

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)