+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Wanderers v Rams

I woke up with a horrible feeling that Bolton will take 3 points from Portsmouth, who I don't think anyone's catching anyway, on Saturday. We need to win today.

Go back to sleep, it was all a bad dream

Pretty much as I expected, we huffed and puffed to no avail. Just hope that Pompey do us a favour on sat and we as I predicted win our remaining 3 games. Can see it all coming down to needing to beat Carlisle on the last day....and failing to do so, its the Derby way!

Another shock-awful effort, CBT spent most of the game wandering round like a six year old who'd lost his puppy, I think he'll go back to Charlton at aseaons end

I think, unless we win every game, our fate will be decided by the Bolton v Peterborough game on final day.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Another shock-awful effort, CBT spent most of the game wandering round like a six year old who'd lost his puppy, I think he'll go back to Charlton at aseaons end
    Fraid not, We paid a £300K loan fee as we weren't allowed to pay for a permanent transfer. Part of the contract is that he is ours from July 1st.

First the gate, 5515 of which +/- 1850 were Rams. 1/3 of the crowd. Best bit of the day

The game. Ref let a lot go from both sides and that meant it was the most free flowing of our 6 meetings with the Chairboys. Very little of the stop/start game of the previous 5 meetings. Despite the result, the neutral in me liked the game a lot more than the fan or the coach.

Decent moves from both sides, very few of which ended in real chances. NML put 2 over and CBT tripped over his laces, or something similar, a yard out with the keeper nowhere to be seen. They had 1 blazed over and forced a very good save from Wildsmith late on. We will be disappointed at not making more of our superior 1st half. They will feel the same about the 2nd half.

All in all, a draw was the right result. We no longer have things in our hands but neither Posh nor the Trotters will win all of their remaining games as they play each other on the last day and Trotters play Pompey this weekend. 2nd spot is still wide open and will not, IMO, be decided until the last day. Still all to play for and, surely, we'll play better in the final third in the last 3 games, won't we?

This was in theory our toughest remaining game, not ideal but we will win the last 3

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    he missed a sitter and certainly didn't perform. Not sure how he can back to Charlton? Derby have signed him permanently, the initial loan is just to avoid paying the transfer fee in current years accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    This was in theory our toughest remaining game, not ideal but we will win the last 3
    Indeed, we don't do well against teams that sit back and defend. I expected a draw and thats what we got.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)