+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grounds Visited

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Old grounds I've been to which have been replaced burden park, roker Park, Springfield Park, millmore, ayesome Park, gay meadow, white Hart Lane, Leeds Road, fellows Park, the county ground Northampton, saltergate, filbert St, the den,
    As well as Millmoor, Fellows Park, Saltergate and Filbert St, I went to Highfield Road, The Baseball Ground, The Manor Ground and Belle View.
    I'd guess you probably went to all of those as well but forgot.
    You must have been to the Victoria Ground also. I've only been to Stoke's new one, whatever they call that now. I always refer to the new ones by their street name rather than ever changing sponsors, so it's Stanley Matthews Way in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    About 60 for me. Am a bit vague on games I was taken to as a child, so haven't counted any I'm not sure on.
    There is an app called myGrounds where you can record all this and it’s nice because you get ranked and can state the team you support so can see where you are amongst your own fans.

In total I’m at 96, and no where near the top for Notts fans, but that includes grounds outside the five tiers, i.e Plainmoor, Glanford Park, Gigg Lane etc. and includes European grounds. To answer the original question I’m at 76 for top 5 tiers and all watching Notts Play.

I’ve actually been to 104 but that’s including gigs and company events so still looking forward to another 4 to officially get to the 100.

Like above, I only count once if I’ve been to a team who have played at two grounds, like Sunderland, well that’s how the app works. Unfortunately I’m top heavy on the lower leagues and a bit light for Premiership so we really need to get up that ladder.

I also missed out on the Gillingham game this year, so chance to tick off one more of if the fixture list is kind and assuming they don’t have a whirlwind end to the season and get promoted.

Handy little app MagicBoots. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Old grounds I've been to which have been replaced burden park, roker Park, Springfield Park, millmore, ayesome Park, gay meadow, white Hart Lane, Leeds Road, fellows Park, the county ground Northampton, saltergate, filbert St, the den,
    Loved Leeds Road, that was a proper ground. I remember Feethams in Darlingrad fondly too.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    As well as Millmoor, Fellows Park, Saltergate and Filbert St, I went to Highfield Road, The Baseball Ground, The Manor Ground and Belle View.
    I'd guess you probably went to all of those as well but forgot.
    You must have been to the Victoria Ground also. I've only been to Stoke's new one, whatever they call that now. I always refer to the new ones by their street name rather than ever changing sponsors, so it's Stanley Matthews Way in my mind.
    Yes, the Victoria ground, baseball ground, Highfield Road, belle view and the old show ground s****horpe, a pre season friendly around 79, won 1 0

I mentioned Peel Park (Accrington Stanley's old ground) a few weeks ago, I'd be very impressed if anybody managed to tick that one off as we only played there once and it was only days before xmas. Also QPR at White City, where we also only played once (1962) and Gateshead at Redheugh Park (1959).

Super impressed if anybody was old enough as well as dedicated enough to get to The Old Recreation Ground (Port Vale's former home) which they left in 1950 or Southend at Grainger Road five years later.

Perhaps the most reasonable collection of rare league grounds for a Notts fan still alive would be to have ticked off all of the failed re-election trio of Bradford Park Avenue, Workington and Southport - plus S****horpe's Old Showground which Notts last visited in 1978 and Bournemouth when they were playing at Dorchester.

After Southend's 1955 move I think Scunny and Bristol Rovers were the only league clubs at the time to permanently move ground before the 1990s.
    Last edited by upthemaggies; 07-04-2024 at 05:35 PM.

I have honestly been to them all in the top 5 divisions.I am a 'Groundhopper' and many of them many times.

Not all with Notts tho'.

I know there is a group of Notts fans I sometimes talk to have seen Notts on them all including the old ones,clubs who have since had new ones built. That is an impressive record.

I have seen Notts on a few Irish and Scottish grounds too.Also five Italian.(AI cup and Juve.}...and lots of Non Lge places.

I have also done the Sccottish '42' and the senior Welsh grounds plus some below.
    Last edited by Eastcoastultra1977; 07-04-2024 at 08:02 PM.

I did a hell of a lot of grounds in the 70s & 80s many of which have now gone, anyone mentioned Highbury yet? I have never kept any sort of record & my memory has never been good on these things(probably due to alcohol intake at the time) but the last time I counted it was well into the 90s.

A measly 20, plus a few that no longer exist (Saltergate, York's former ground, whatever Rushden & Diamond's stadium was called). Barely any big stadia either, with Stamford Bridge being the biggest.

Just 38 for me, many of which no longer exist as my away days were largely in the 80s. I have also been to Altrincham, Southport, Tranmere and Chester but not to see Notts, although it was Mansfield at Tranmere when both were firmly rooted to the bottom of Division 4. Terrible match.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast