+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Grounds Visited

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    Just 38 for me, many of which no longer exist as my away days were largely in the 80s. I have also been to Altrincham, Southport, Tranmere and Chester but not to see Notts, although it was Mansfield at Tranmere when both were firmly rooted to the bottom of Division 4. Terrible match.
    Aargh, I forgot Chester in my paltry list, 26th Feb 1966 (thanks UTM), 1-1. It was sort of a date with a very attractive girl but it seemed she had a policeman as a boyfriend Not really sure why she even travelled with me, we were in Liverpool at the time; opportunity missed?

I've seen Notts play competitive football at 40 away grounds (38 clubs). Of those, 26 grounds currently host EFL/Prem matches, 28 of the clubs are EFL/Prem. The only club I've visited at their old and new ground is York. I'd love a trip to Hull's new ground as my parents are from there and it's where I went to Uni. Boothferry Park was a right dive. I seem to remember bits of roofing falling down when I saw us play there (guessing late 90's).

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBoots View Post
    There is an app called myGrounds where you can record all this and it’s nice because you get ranked and can state the team you support so can see where you are amongst your own fans.

In total I’m at 96, and no where near the top for Notts fans, but that includes grounds outside the five tiers, i.e Plainmoor, Glanford Park, Gigg Lane etc. and includes European grounds. To answer the original question I’m at 76 for top 5 tiers and all watching Notts Play.

I’ve actually been to 104 but that’s including gigs and company events so still looking forward to another 4 to officially get to the 100.

Like above, I only count once if I’ve been to a team who have played at two grounds, like Sunderland, well that’s how the app works. Unfortunately I’m top heavy on the lower leagues and a bit light for Premiership so we really need to get up that ladder.

I also missed out on the Gillingham game this year, so chance to tick off one more of if the fixture list is kind and assuming they don’t have a whirlwind end to the season and get promoted.
    Great App Magic Boots, it just shows how bad my memory is, it is now 62 grounds up from 44 !!

The only ground I couldn’t find was Ancona for a great 1 - 0 win in the AngloItalian cup

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234