+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cameron…

Cameron…

Last two games he seems like a different person. Actually looks like he cares. Actually looks like a defender.
    In fact his sudden turnaround seemingly coincided with his wife and her sister going ape on X.
    Do we reckon that had something to do with it?
    Or is he now buying into SM as manager and he was one of the “refusing to play or care” lot?

Or is it just an upturn in form which was way, way overdue?

I’m no fan and probably never will be, but credit where it’s due. Last two games he’s looked much better.

Absolutely, he showed more aggression yesterday than he has all season and injected an edge into his game that was much needed.

I think he'd be good as a left back in a four. It's great to see him have a decent game and hope he drives us on for the rest of the season.

He had a good long spell like this Sept/Oct so there have been many games where he's looked like a good L2 player. I'd say he could've bagged around 4 Notts MoMs. No need to reach for explanations I think, just a player getting to grips with a level he hasn't played at before (apart from 1 loan as a 19 year-old)

It was good to see him laying into Crowley & Macari first half, when between the pair of them they almost gifted possession to Harrogate in our penalty area, rather than one of them putting it in Row Z

Quote Originally Posted by GEZMAN View Post
    It was good to see him laying into Crowley & Macari first half, when between the pair of them they almost gifted possession to Harrogate in our penalty area, rather than one of them putting it in Row Z
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    Last two games he seems like a different person. Actually looks like he cares. Actually looks like a defender.
    In fact his sudden turnaround seemingly coincided with his wife and her sister going ape on X.
    Do we reckon that had something to do with it?
    Or is he now buying into SM as manager and he was one of the “refusing to play or care” lot?

Or is it just an upturn in form which was way, way overdue?

I’m no fan and probably never will be, but credit where it’s due. Last two games he’s looked much better.
    I agree he looks completely different. Has a bit of fire in his belly and is bringing the ball out of defence more as well which is very important. I still have doubts over him defensively but if we can get the benefit of him surging out 5 times a game then at least it makes sense having a defender who's comfortable on the ball in the team.

I think he'd be more suitable in a midfield role

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    I think he'd be more suitable in a midfield role
    Until two games ago…I’d bet he was more suitable to the dog and duck 2nd 11!

At the risk of sounding like a member of his family, I think Cameron has long been unfairly maligned on here. I get that the defensive record has been shocking and he is the captain at the centre of it, liable to drop a rick from time to time, but I don't think it's fair to make him the whipping boy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast