+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scouting - do they know what they are doing?

We used to recruit most of our best players from either the North East of England or Ireland, but now it appears to be the Belgium league we are looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Look at the City & Liverpool reserves and players coming through their youth ranks.

That's where our best hopes go -:not Gawthorpe.
    In total agreement. It's logical and economically makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    Army don’t disagree with you but the one thing we could offer is early opportunity to reach the first team and put them in the shop window and sell at a good profit. That is how we used to do it.
    https://twitter.com/spen69h?lang=en

Link to him somewhere within this and video of junior through to now.

I believe they sent a mini bus to collect him from Bradford area twice a week and Saturdays so as not to interfere with mum- dads work

Next stage was a house bought by club local to Manchester and mum to give up work - lad educated at City and is going to be a superstar I believe.

I’m seeing a lad Friday that works with his dad I’ll find out a bit more then.

AH is at Newcastle now , they signed him from Man.City in January.
    He was at Burnley as well as Blackburn as an U7/8 but chose Blackburn which was understandable with them being a Cat1 Academy and far better facilities than us at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Andingle01 View Post
    AH is at Newcastle now , they signed him from Man.City in January.
    He was at Burnley as well as Blackburn as an U7/8 but chose Blackburn which was understandable with them being a Cat1 Academy and far better facilities than us at that time.
    Blimey, I watched him play last Friday against West Brom when they twice came from behind to win 3-2. He had a smashing game and was involved in all three goals as well as having a shot defelected onto the post.
    Their Under 21s have had a fairly poor season because of various changes throughout the season which always happens at this level.
    They were due to play Ashington on Tuesday night in the Semi-Final of the NFA County Cup, however, the game was called off after the biblical rainfall. No alternative date has yet been sorted, however, I shall be there when it does take place and will note whether Alfie features on the night -----after Friday ----I can't see him missing many future games!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Blimey, I watched him play last Friday against West Brom when they twice came from behind to win 3-2. He had a smashing game and was involved in all three goals as well as having a shot defelected onto the post.
    Their Under 21s have had a fairly poor season because of various changes throughout the season which always happens at this level.
    They were due to play Ashington on Tuesday night in the Semi-Final of the NFA County Cup, however, the game was called off after the biblical rainfall. No alternative date has yet been sorted, however, I shall be there when it does take place and will note whether Alfie features on the night -----after Friday ----I can't see him missing many future games!
    I’m going to Swansea next week to see our youngsters in action. Am I wasting my time ?

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    I’m going to Swansea next week to see our youngsters in action. Am I wasting my time ?
    I have no idea because I haven't been able to watch either our Under 18s, who are playing at Swansea today, or our Under 21s who are playing there on 23 April, this season at all. The game I was talking about above was Newcastle Under 21 v West Brom Under 21 who are both in a higher league than our teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    BT, I never said that we will back, just not to worry about anything ---it's only a game and you win some and lose some. I do not do predictions because there are too many outside influences involved.
    Talking of scouting, didn't we get rid of most of our scouts a couple of seasons ago when Alan Pace took the reins or ------did they resign? There is something in the back of my mind about our scouts or lack of them.
    As some Nobel Prize winner once said Sub, 'Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future'

As far as I understand it, our scouting is now carried out by Vinni's company, MUD Analytics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)