+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TS saying LR in charge for next season is no guarantee

B…. selling players for a profit and not using the money is what is wrong….and then finally we did with taylor.

You can beat the drum all you want, but he will be tried first.

Well if SE is appointed his present coach is Revs a player who always gave 100%

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Well if SE is appointed his present coach is Revs a player who always gave 100%
    + Revell was a former Stevenage manager.

Steve Evans signed a new contract in Febuary 2024 up to June 2026 at Stevenage.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    I think I'm right in saying that we probably all agree on the fact that we need...
    a) a long term strategy instead of winging it season by season.
    b) to try and sign younger players that we can develop over a couple of seasons and sell for a profit instead of signing injury prone has been one year contracts.
    c) to try to integrate more players from the youth setup into the first team.

If I'm correct that we do all think that's what we need, then why do so many people seem to be in favour of bringing Evans back? He's the antithesis of all that. When we first appointed him we desperately needed to get out of League Two by any means, and while he wasn't my choice for that job, fair play to him he delivered what was asked and then some with the second promotion. But there was no plan, there was no strategy. He wasn't looking beyond the next game, never mind the next season. Correct me if I'm wrong but out of 80 odd players that came through the door, was Danny Ward the only one of his signings to leave for a profit?

His M.O. is to sign 10 to 15 players in preseason, another few before the August window shuts to replace some he's already binned off after 3 games, and then another half a dozen in January, and then repeat again the following year. That's not a criticism of him, it's effective in the right circumstances and some clubs will need somebody to do that job like we did back in 2012. But is that really what we need at this moment in time?

I've made it clear before that I'm not his biggest fan but I accept he'd probably get us playing with fight like we want to see, he might even get us straight back up, but then what?
    Totally Agree with everything in this post

The problem with LR is his interviews, they are mostly awful with the odd flash of light. He even screwed up the interview on young players, making it all about him and what he has done before, every interview he is trying to convince the world that he is good and it is everything else at the club that is the problem. He is the perfect manager for our club, because just like his colleagues and employers nobody takes any accountability for the failings they just want the glory when we do well.

To be fair to LR..

What can he actually say?

"The previous manager had a fitness regime setup to injury players"

"The physio and club medical teams are amateurs who let the players self diagnose"

"The chairman hasn't invested in infrastructure beyond the stadium and that does hurt"

"We have training facilities comparable with a freshly promoted Conference side"

"X player signed for a pay out and has been disruptive"

"Y player has been messed about with his contract and it's now off to X Club in the summer"

Yes, he's dull as dishwater so far. Yes, he bores me. But what can he actually say?

I'm personally in favour of a clean slate this summer but I'm fairly sure hell be here in October, how much longer after that I don't know.

As others have said Evans isn't what we need,been there ,done that,leave him in the past.
    But IBS has told us it will happen, so that's it then.

Name:  burroughs.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  79.8 KB

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast