+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Minteh

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    My chips are, in fact, well and truly pissed on.
    You dirty girl! you and your soggy chips!

Difference is Antony came through the Sao Paulo academy and played the Brazilian league, Minteh came into professional football late, Started off in Gambia, then played in Denmark for 1 year before moving to Nufc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nufcian View Post
    Not trying to p!ss on anyone’s chips, but Antony (in the 23 games he had in his last full season) in Erevidise (21/22) had very similar stats on the right wing…

Minteh - 23 games - 9 goals / 4 assists
    Antony - 23 games - 8 goals / 4 assists

So let’s not assume the lad is ready and ‘the answer’ is all I am saying
    And Anthony cost £100 million!

I don’t really give a squirrels chuff how much Man Utd paid for Antony… they completely got their pants pulled down after spending a summer chasing someone else if I remember rightly.

I’m comparing a player being touted because of his performances against a player in the same position in the same league… who hasn’t exactly ripped it up and had a decent amount of time to get to grips with the Prem.

I’m not saying he will be as poor as Antony, I’m just holding up a comparison and saying hold your horses till he’s shown what he can do when he comes back into the fold.

The comparison is definitely a fair one, Ian.

But, the signs are still positive (contrast that with Garang Kuol) and, with Miggy being, well, Miggy, it at least gives us hope that he can give us options on the right hand side.

Getting Minteh into the set up and integrating him (hopefully) slowly into the playing squad will give us a better idea as to how much advancement he'll be at for the new season.
    I'd like to believe he'll become a crowd pleaser and not just a bit part one over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Magzer View Post
    Getting Minteh into the set up and integrating him (hopefully) slowly into the playing squad will give us a better idea as to how much advancement he'll be at for the new season.
    I'd like to believe he'll become a crowd pleaser and not just a bit part one over time.

I hope he’s f**ling magic, his name alone means we can be calling him ‘f**king Mint’ and I’m hoping for a “minty magic” chant to the tune of Monkey Magic 🤣

Minteh is a prospect that's for sure. If anyone can get help him take the step up it's Maddog and the Howe!

ON his current form, if he was owned by Feynoord - he'd be being touted into the prem for about £40 million.

He looks brilliant and I hope he gets his chance in the squad next season, which has already been indicated he will but I think Ian is absolutely bang on to not get over the top.

I suspect, that after Jan this means Miggy will be off, should be able to get a reasonable fee for him i'd hope.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)