+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dave on getting "Dyched".

Dave on getting "Dyched".

Dave Thornley rues yet another dismal away day for the players and fans of Burnley Football Club. Cheer up guys and gals it is almost all over.
    For the third time this season, Burnley got “Dyched” yesterday afternoon at Goodison Park by Sean Dyche’s Everton team. Whilst the previous two occasions were infuriating, this one was calamitous.
    First of all, it used to be Burnley who were doing the “Dyching” and it is still unsettling that the tactics employed to such good effect when Dyche was in the Burnley technical area are now been turned against his former employers. Secondly, Burnley offered an Everton team unused to winning, and a striker, Dominic Calvert-Lewin, unfamiliar with scoring, a gift-wrapped victory by dint of a gift-wrapped goal.
    Since his return to Burnley’s starting line-up, I for one, have heaped praise on Arijanet Muric for his authority, his coolness under pressure and the quality of his distribution. But yesterday, at the worst possible time, he came down with the malady which so afflicted his predecessor, namely hesitancy in possession when attempting to play out from his own penalty area.
    At the end of a first half which Burnley had been the more progressive team, Muric found the ball at his feet, there it dwelt for what seemed like an age, allowing Calvert-Lewin the time to mount a charge towards Muric; the Clarets’ keeper’s panicky clearance rebounded off the Everton striker and he watched its deadly arc into an unguarded net.
    Those of us who have watched Burnley under Dyche and this season under Kompany knew instinctively that there would be no change to the score-line throughout a second half most notable for Dara O’Shea’s straight red card for a challenge on former Claret Dwight McNeil.
    This was Burnley’s seventh red card of the season, another sharp contrast with the Dyche era, when Burnley’s discipline was excellent. The defeat ended a run of four unbeaten games for Burnley and surely extinguishes any lingering notions of Premier League survival.
    For all that Burnley have suffered from some ridiculous refereeing decisions (costing us a conservatively estimated eight points) the harsh fact remains that this Burnley team is inadequate for the level of performance required in the Premier League.
    With the club’s latest balance sheet displaying a disconcerting amount of red ink and with no prospect of Premier League money next season, the owners and management of Burnley Football Club face a summer of tough decisions. Can we keep Berge?
    I for one wish Alan Pace all the luck in the world, he is certainly going to need it. (TEC.)

Name:  berge1.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  64.0 KB

I did say on the prediction post that SD`s defence would be too good for our impotent forward line and I was bang on.What I did not count on was their impotent forward line being gifted a goal by Muric.We really have not had the rub of the green this season and to compound that we simply have not been good enough-neither management nor players.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I did say on the prediction post that SD`s defence would be too good for our impotent forward line and I was bang on.What I did not count on was their impotent forward line being gifted a goal by Muric.We really have not had the rub of the green this season and to compound that we simply have not been good enough-neither management nor players.
    We will be all the stronger for this season. Humbling experiences either kill or cure you...

Name:  Mistakes.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  21.8 KB

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)