+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: New Pitch etc. [Joe Palmer Update]

Not sure but I think it was the Danes Trew referred to as "tyre kickers" because they wouldn't match his inflated valuation.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    Not sure but I think it was the Danes Trew referred to as "tyre kickers" because they wouldn't match his inflated valuation.
    Thought it was Hardy he was talking about with that one ?

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    It's quite amazing how football has changed over my life time.. From the days of going for a quick two or three before the game, to bespoke venues
    for prematch hospitality and post match reflective drinking time complete with musical entertainment.
    As was said on Magpie Circle we are getting Americanised in our sporting events.
    I take my hat off to our owners for the investment into our club in order to make us sustainable.
    With investment the desire to succeed on the pitch becomes a greater objective so let's not think we are spending our transfer funds because one will compliment the other.
    Hopefully the new fan's zone will include a Locale or two, it's getting quite a walk from the Vat n Fiddle these days.

Quote Originally Posted by since41 View Post
    Yeah thinking 10 years ahead makes a lot of sense if you're 21 not so much for a lot of us on here. though 🤣🤣
    I'm pleased that they look like they'll be with us for a while and investing in the grounds and surrounds.
    Just keep taking the tablets and checking for your name in the obit columns and we might just be around to see League 1

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Thought it was Hardy he was talking about with that one ?
    My recollection is that it was RT and once the rumours of "bringing home the bacon" started the Danes pulled out, leaving RT with Hobson's Choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    If they stay up, a fair chunk of the games aren’t played at 3pm. So we could find The Nest being used during those fixtures.
    The other big win, and it’s a pity it doesn’t sound like it will be ready in time, is big tournaments like the Euros/World cups etc. Im assuming they will have big screens of course.
    I very much like the sound of The Nest.
    I doubt very much that the Trent Navigation does though. They probably have around 500 or so fans in there before both Notts and Forest matches. I wonder if we are somehow going to draw in another 1000+ fans into the area pre/post match to keep everyone happy.
    And what will happen to the Meadow Lane Sports Bar? Do they intend to keep that running also?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Just keep taking the tablets and checking for your name in the obit columns and we might just be around to see League 1
    Think that's why there are some gruppy old buggers on here (I include myself). Desperate and impatient for higher level footie and who knows how much time left, and will we see it?

I had the fortune to pop into the Magpie Brewery on my trip back. What a nice little spot that is for a pre match pint of Pale Ale.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    I very much like the sound of The Nest.
    I doubt very much that the Trent Navigation does though. They probably have around 500 or so fans in there before both Notts and Forest matches. I wonder if we are somehow going to draw in another 1000+ fans into the area pre/post match to keep everyone happy.
    And what will happen to the Meadow Lane Sports Bar? Do they intend to keep that running also?
    Shame for the Navi but that's life. Providing there is a decent pint available I will spend my money where it benefits Notts. If the venue is as good as it is being suggested then a large indoor venue will be preferable to most fans, particularly in the colder months.

Quote Originally Posted by Togtastic View Post
    Shame for the Navi but that's life. Providing there is a decent pint available I will spend my money where it benefits Notts. If the venue is as good as it is being suggested then a large indoor venue will be preferable to most fans, particularly in the colder months.
    I would imagine the cost of a pint will be more than that in the Navi, and will be served in plastic glasses.. I will stick to the Navi..

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast