+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Pitch etc. [Joe Palmer Update]

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post

The really great thing about those two paragraphs is that they echo precisely what the Reedtz brothers said in their first press interview after taking over the club. The overall strategy hasn't changed. They're still executing on it. At no point prior to their taking over the club have we had that kind of long term strategic vision. And the proof his here - we're back in L2 (albeit going through a heck of a rough spot).
    Indeed, and whatever happens in the remaining games we will finish in our highest position in 6 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    What's a "hybrid" pitch then? Half grass and half Astroturf? Palmer's statement mentions it but I don't know what one is.
    Basically, yes. I think they have a plastic mesh which the grass grows through, but there is also some artificial grass woven in which provides a more resilient base. It wouldn't look or feel like artificial grass, but the plastic elements prevent it getting torn and ripped up so easily, and allow it to recover more quickly once it is damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    A lot of the negativity around the owners currently is simply because they haven't bowed to fan pressure and dismissed Maynard. Luckily, they are not as reactive as our previous owners and can see past the emotion better than fans to make long term decisions for the club.
    I also hope that those who have decided to vote with their feet and are not coming to games because the club have not done what they want and sacked SM have a change of heart because whilst they may not like the decisions the club makes then at least respect them and not hurt the club financially by staying away.

Likewise saying next season is a write off because we will have SM and lose Macca and JJ and not getting a season ticket is being negative. We have no idea who we will be signing and what the starting 11 will be come August.

It's the recruitment more than who is manager that will have a bigger impact on how well we do next season as this season has proven as a current tier 2 and a previous tier 5 manager have found it difficult to stop the goals being conceded.

Perhaps we could give Mansfield our old pitch.

As discussed the other day, these owners are going to be here for the duration. The update about The Nest in particular is very exciting. Looking forward to visiting there next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Its still a grass pitch that is reinforced with synthetic fibres. Wembley has a similar pitch. You may have heard of Desso Grass master, it's a brand name but it was quite a common installation in the premier league
    Thanks CBP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    Basically, yes. I think they have a plastic mesh which the grass grows through, but there is also some artificial grass woven in which provides a more resilient base. It wouldn't look or feel like artificial grass, but the plastic elements prevent it getting torn and ripped up so easily, and allow it to recover more quickly once it is damaged.
    Thanks KM.

Not a single mention of the monorail, this is just not good enough.

18 posts and not one negative comment? This board is going to the dogs!

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I also hope that those who have decided to vote with their feet and are not coming to games because the club have not done what they want and sacked SM have a change of heart because whilst they may not like the decisions the club makes then at least respect them and not hurt the club financially by staying away.

Likewise saying next season is a write off because we will have SM and lose Macca and JJ and not getting a season ticket is being negative. We have no idea who we will be signing and what the starting 11 will be come August.

It's the recruitment more than who is manager that will have a bigger impact on how well we do next season as this season has proven as a current tier 2 and a previous tier 5 manager have found it difficult to stop the goals being conceded.
    I would've went but for feeling under the weather. I'd imagine those who stayed away may have done so because they're away on holiday or just skint from having kids off for Easter.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast