+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Pitch etc. [Joe Palmer Update]

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    Not a single mention of the monorail, this is just not good enough.
    Nor the tram...

Our new fanzone, 'The Nest', will be featured on BBC East Midlands today, which airs at 6.30pm this evening.

Fantastic. COYP

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    I'd imagine those who stayed away may have done so because they're away on holiday or just skint from having kids off for Easter.
    I jumped the Eurostar and had four great days in Amsterdam (fantastic city!) so could only follow BBC scores. Great result whether it was deserved or not.

Did someone say Joe Palmer was on Magpie Circle tonight?
    If so, how do I watch it please?

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Think it's normally on YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    Not a single mention of the monorail, this is just not good enough.

No point having a monorail, the rail unions would be on strike every other weekend.

Very exciting news, I think although I only miss one or two games I'm going to get a season ticket for the first time to celebrate 50 years of watching notts

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    I actually love that. While the pitch substrate is dug up they're installing a system they have no intention of using any time soon, because this is the smart time to spend that money. That shows a degree of foward-looking that is very rare in business let alone in football.

And in his conclusion:

"But we will only undertake that journey in a rational, responsible way, while always knowing that the nature of football means you can never guarantee short-term success.

What you can control is your chance of being successful over time and, by delivering on what I’ve spoken about today, we will take the club to another level financially and move towards achieving the state of ‘football utopia’ by breaking even, or better still becoming profitable, while also providing one of the most competitive budgets in the league and the best possible experience for our fans."

The really great thing about those two paragraphs is that they echo precisely what the Reedtz brothers said in their first press interview after taking over the club. The overall strategy hasn't changed. They're still executing on it. At no point prior to their taking over the club have we had that kind of long term strategic vision. And the proof his here - we're back in L2 (albeit going through a heck of a rough spot).
    Plenty of businesses want to plan long term but just don't have the money to spend on stuff they know they'll need. We seem to be very lucky in having owners who are wealthy enough to put long term plans into practice.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    An interview will be recorded and aired on the
    Magpie Circle YouTube channel Wed's or Thursday NEXT week. I understand Richard Montague will be on next Monday.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast