Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
The problem is that most times the referees do see it, they see the lightest of touches which cannot possibly have caused that player to 'go to ground', but still they give the free-kick. Whilst the referees continue to condone and reward cheating you cannot blame the players. As long as referees give free-kicks for players throwing themselves onto the ground with minimal contact, players will continue to throw themselves onto the ground with minimal contact, they'd be foolish not to.

In fact our referees are so hapless that Wolves got a free-kick last week when a player 'went to ground' with no contact at all.
Whilst I agree in part, sinkov, it is still the case that the players could change their ways. Your view supports a “win at all costs” attitude with no honour. Would you cheat if you knew you could/ would get away with it?

As I said in a previous post, there are phases of play(?) and it seems to me that with the Wolves situation, the foul led to the goal and should have been reviewed by VAR.