+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Stevenage v Barnsley

Very poor game.

I don’t think I’ve ever known us as bad defensively as a collective unit as this.

Absolutely dire, decided to put in some effort after 88 minutes! It looks to me that some of these are not playing for the manager? Kane being one, when he came on all he did was pass it to the opposition or out of play!! Connell was very poor easily pushed off the ball, poor passing all night.
    De Gievgney Absolutely terrible and less said about McCart the better.
    Getting shut of Collins to get some impetus back into them is not a bad shout, cos Collins clearly can't lift them.

I think it’s doing us a big favour. We haven’t got a championship player on our books.
    Imagine going up with this outfit, if we managed to fluke our way into winning the play offs, the suits upstairs would be thinking everything is hunky dory, what a manager we’ve got, what a team we’ve got.
    We’re better off trying to get a couple of pay days and having a fresh start next season

Much worse than Saturday when I gave my opinion.
    We are going no nowhere soon.
    This sums it up to a certain extent with 2 minutes to go in stoppage time and we bring Barry Cotter on.
    A total lack of everything that football delivers in entertainment enjoyment.
    Can we please give the 700 plus fans that travelled tonight the freedom of Barnsley and a lifetime season pass.

Its not just tonight though is it. The football has been dire for months. Side side back…
    If this club doesnt pull its finger out we will be bottom half next season. “We go again. will turn into “We go down again”.
    Oit of all the matches ive seen this season, Derby win, port Vale second half, Bolton first half I have a decent memory of. I cant tell you one other match I actually enjoyed.
    Not angry tonight……Just ashamed that the club and its fans have been let down.
    If this lot win the play offs I will walk through town to the first home match of next season with my undies on my head..

Shocking second half considering what is at stake
    The wheels have come off
    We should just be about ok for a playoff place but don’t stand a chance tb honest
    I suppose you never know what could happen in the playoffs, who knows something may click

I agree with Doggy and others on this, I think it would do us a favour not going up and rebuilding with a different manager, a manager who can get the supporters on side like Duff and Stendel did, Collins seems like a nice enough bloke who has worked miracles with the hand he was given, but my god the style of football he has got them playing is like his personality when interviewed….boring and lacklustre!
    If we do fluke our way to Wembley they will be lucky to sell 15-20,000 tickets such is the feeling around the team ATM and the entertainment value, on every social media site or forum the fans are in the majority that Collins needs to go now and how boring this team is to watch, I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the players feel the same?

Al tell thi summat.

If this lot dunt frame thurssens and beeat Reading on Setdi arses will be brayed. The'll get nowt from Portsmouth and Blackie away and then it's all darn to Northampton on last day.

It meks thi think the dunt want to gu up.

Summat's not reyt darn theear.

I didn't watch the game so I can't really comment on the performance .

What I will say is that football always finds you out over the course of the season , we've got away with it since the season started and now the chickens may have come home to roost at the worst possible time .

50 - 50 whether we make the play offs in my opinion , I wouldn't go any higher than that .

I still maintain that we will finish in the top 6. That being said, if we go into the playoff semis with how we’ve played the last few games, I’m not expecting another Wembley trip.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast