+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Over a full season, a manager 'fluke' a promotion

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Speak for yourself. I never could never see what the method was the entire time he was here. As I've said before, Warne was often criticised for having no Plan B, I still don't know what Taylors Plan A was.
    I think you have exaggerated my view of Taylor. I clearly say there were only flashes ( the home game v Norwich) but also that I am beginning to think this was more luck than design.

Warney's plan b was cause he hasn't got a pair I've no need to tell you said it time & time again! Scott doesn't come out of this well recruitment how bad was it this seasons summer window! Then you need a manager who can get best out of the squad which we haven't got now.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Warney's plan b was cause he hasn't got a pair I've no need to tell you said it time & time again! Scott doesn't come out of this well recruitment how bad was it this seasons summer window! Then you need a manager who can get best out of the squad which we haven't got now.
    If you've no need to tell us, then stop telling us. It's beyond boring and it's just your opinion, it's not fact.

gru, I wish you would go back to using Yoda speak, I understood you a lot better then, because what you've posted here is gibberish twaddle.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    gru, I wish you would go back to using Yoda speak, I understood you a lot better then, because what you've posted here is gibberish twaddle.

Brin what I was told can't say who by but take it as true from someone whose got dealings with the club. So you disagree that recruitment managers are at fault for the position clubs in now?

Brin what I was told can't say who by but take it as true from someone whose got dealings with the club. So you disagree that recruitment managers are at fault for the position clubs in now?
    You, I and all other fans of RUFC haven't got a clue how many players Rob Scott has previously proposed the club to take a look at, only for them to be rebuked for whatever reason at the time. There is an awful lot that goes on in the background to attempt to even invite a player and their agent for talks. The process can break down anywhere during that time, don't load it all on Rob Scott.

If you want someone to blame for our recruitment this season then call Bristol Rovers and ask to be put through to their current Manager and ask him how he managed to sign so many crocks and has been players that returned nothing for all that investment.

You, I and all other fans of RUFC haven't got a clue how many players Rob Scott has previously proposed the club to take a look at, only for them to be rebuked for whatever reason at the time. There is an awful lot that goes on in the background to attempt to even invite a player and their agent for talks. The process can break down anywhere during that time, don't load it all on Rob Scott..
    Yes both of our previous two managers said that during the transfer windows we were turned down by a lot of players. MT was quoted as saying it was tens and tens worth. Perhaps this was 25, 30, 35 last summer. Players who were deemed by our recruitment team and manager at that time to be cship quality and would have given us a great chance of staying up.
    But they turned us down flat either due to money, being a very unfashionable club or both.

The crocs we did sign were perhaps the only ones we were able to sign.
    We could have raided the lower divisions and got some players from there but that’s a big risk and would probably attract daft transfer fees and associated salaries anyway

We got it wrong and we need to do better but as Brinno says it ain’t as simple as blaming one or two individuals. RS can’t be expected to find fabulous injury free players who don’t want much remuneration and love Rufc. We’d be lucky to get just one of those criteria ticked in the cship. Thankfully D1 is different
    Last edited by flourbasher; 09-04-2024 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    serious question this.

What if a manager had no plan, no idea, no vision yet landed at the right club at the right time and through the skill of his players or backroom staff, somehow gained a title / promotion/ trophy before the mask slipped and he was revealed to be totally clueless.

Has this ever happened?

If so who were the freeloading managers who fluked success?
    matt taylor !!

I’m not sure it was the intention of the op but Ipswich appear to be getting quite a lot of flak on social media regarding their lofty position
    Fans from other clubs calling them lucky and scoring with far too many deflected goals.
    Probably just sour grapes although they were very fortunate to beat us at Portman Rd but that’s just one match.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that they have one of the biggest budgets outside of the parachute payment clubs which, if true , explains their great season to date

You, I and all other fans of RUFC haven't got a clue how many players Rob Scott has previously proposed the club to take a look at, only for them to be rebuked for whatever reason at the time. There is an awful lot that goes on in the background to attempt to even invite a player and their agent for talks. The process can break down anywhere during that time, don't load it all on Rob Scott.

If you want someone to blame for our recruitment this season then call Bristol Rovers and ask to be put through to their current Manager and ask him how he managed to sign so many crocks and has been players that returned nothing for all that investment.

Budget that's to blame then regards recruitment but both managers this season have failed can't argue with that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast