+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Morton

Morton

Let’s keep the good times going

No doubt this is one of our toughest matches left

Also important to note that I think Raith have the easier matches left - particularly on the last day when they have to play Arbroath after they will have already been relegated

Personally I don’t want to be having to rely on beating Partick on the last day and would like it done if possible before then and to get the points available as soon as possible

JG taking the right approach in being focused on one match and one win at a time to keep it in our hands

It is always a battle down there but I think our new look side will suit what Morton have to offer

Oakley is their big player and hopefully McClelland and Graham will be able to marshall him, by dominating in the air

The team also has good balance with Kai and Middleton on the wings

Massive match and 🙏 for the 3 points to be brought back to tannadice

COME ON UNITED !!!

I’m not sure about Rovers having the ‘easier’ fixtures. They also have Airdrie tonight who they haven’t beaten all season. And like us they also have to go to Morton and also still have to play Thistle. Additionally they also have to go to Inverness who of course beat them 3-2 last time out. People are focusing on the fact they have Arbroath last, but by no means do they have an easier run of fixtures before that.

I don't think we have the tougher fixtures. We both have Morton away and Partick at home, except when we play Partick it will likely be a dead rubber for them having secured 3rd place. In these circumstances they wont want to be taking any risks with their players having a more important play off to prepare for. It is also possible our 2nd last game at Airdrie will be a dead rubber as they may have clinched 4th spot.
    As for Friday Morton are in dreadful form having lost 5 of their last 6 games match. We go in with the right attitude and confidence of the last 2 games we will win.
    Last edited by arab777; 09-04-2024 at 07:02 AM.

I think things will be alot clearer by the end of the week. Can see Raith getting beat, or at least drawing tonight. I think we'll beat Morton Friday, then it'll be up to them to beat a sticky Thistle side the following day. We could easily be going into the Ayr game next weekend needing a win to be champions.

Love a bit of optimism. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I think things will be alot clearer by the end of the week. Can see Raith getting beat, or at least drawing tonight. I think we'll beat Morton Friday, then it'll be up to them to beat a sticky Thistle side the following day. We could easily be going into the Ayr game next weekend needing a win to be champions.
    ooft

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Love a bit of optimism. 🙂
    It doesn't happen often! 🤣

Surely law of averages Raith will beat Airdrie tonight? Due a win against them, and Airdries third game in a week.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Surely law of averages Raith will beat Airdrie tonight? Due a win against them, and Airdries third game in a week.

Yes I can't see Airdrie winning that, reckon draw at best, think it'll be a home win though

Raith have learned from the game against us and went with a physical midfield on sat, only had two chances and a pen but got the win, think they'll win narrow but hopefully the three games in a week catches up on Saturday

We just need to focus on beating Morton, who also play tonight at it stands

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    I don't think we have the tougher fixtures. We both have Morton away and Partick at home, except when we play Partick it will likely be a dead rubber for them having secured 3rd place. In these circumstances they wont want to be taking any risks with their players having a more important play off to prepare for. It is also possible our 2nd last game at Airdrie will be a dead rubber as they may have clinched 4th spot.
    As for Friday Morton are in dreadful form having lost 5 of their last 6 games match. We go in with the right attitude and confidence of the last 2 games we will win.
    True that an Airdrie win tonight could also help us if they get clear enough into 4th

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)