+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Manager of the season

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I think it was widely accepted that both Furlong and Townsend did pretty well in what was their only season in the Prem mate.

I think the issue is that they’ve not performed up to that level in this division.

It’s strange I know but some players seem better suited to the top division.

You are right Mick! Grady would be a better Premier play than Championship as it’s more pass and move , talent and less aggression.

Interesting thread this,

I do think Furlong has improved this season. And I think he's been an asset for us, in both boxes. I remember when Pipa came in and I thought Furlong could lose his spot (Maybe he needed the competition?). But you have to say he's been one of our better players this season and deserves the plaudits.

Townsend on the other hand has regressed in my view. Maybe he needed competition or a rest a few weeks ago. Either way, he's struggled lately for me. I know it was only one game but Reach played pretty well the other night and I'd throw him in instead of Townsend tomorrow. He also offers us more threat going forward, as evidenced by the first goal v Rotherham. We definitely need a new LB next season whichever league we're in.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Interesting thread this,

I do think Furlong has improved this season. And I think he's been an asset for us, in both boxes. I remember when Pipa came in and I thought Furlong could lose his spot (Maybe he needed the competition?). But you have to say he's been one of our better players this season and deserves the plaudits.

Townsend on the other hand has regressed in my view. Maybe he needed competition or a rest a few weeks ago. Either way, he's struggled lately for me. I know it was only one game but Reach played pretty well the other night and I'd throw him in instead of Townsend tomorrow. He also offers us more threat going forward, as evidenced by the first goal v Rotherham. We definitely need a new LB next season whichever league we're in.
    Carlos really rates Reach for his versatility. He was great v Rotherham. I have to look past that his movement reminds me of a young girl trying to walk in her mothers high heels. Once I do that I can see what he actually does. Would be happy for him to start v Sunderland also.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Carlos really rates Reach for his versatility. He was great v Rotherham. I have to look past that his movement reminds me of a young girl trying to walk in her mother’s high heels. Once I do that I can see what he actually does. Would be happy for him to start v Sunderland also.
    Reach always looked a good player to me when he was used as a wing back by Sheffield Wednesday.

He actually cost them £5m 8 years ago, he played well over 200 matches for them as well, the lad is no mug.

He played for England up to the under 20’s, he clearly has class and pedigree.

What he has over Townsend is intelligence.

His run from full back for the Asante goal was great movement and awareness and he actually told Johnson to pass to him and got behind their defence.

He also showed he has pace as well.

I think he’s like Brunt, an easy whipping boy for some reason.

Reach always looked a good player to me when he was used as a wing back by Sheffield Wednesday.

He actually cost them £5m 8 years ago, he played well over 200 matches for them as well, the lad is no mug.

He played for England up to the under 20’s, he clearly has class and pedigree.

What he has over Townsend is intelligence.

His run from full back for the Asante goal was great movement and awareness and he actually told Johnson to pass to him and got behind their defence.

He also showed he has pace as well.

I think he’s like Brunt, an easy whipping boy for some reason.
    “What he has over Townsend is intelligence”.
    In a nutshell Mick. That was also TGH’s problem too. The pair of them together would struggle to make an amoeba.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    “What he has over Townsend is intelligence”.
    In a nutshell Mick. That was also TGH’s problem too. The pair of them together would struggle to make an amoeba.
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Made me laugh out loud! 🤣🤣

Dubs would probably say…..”not enough bits to construct an idiot!”
    🤣

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Made me laugh out loud! 🤣🤣

Dubs would probably say…..”not enough bits to construct an idiot!”
    🤣
    🤣 similar concept.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)